Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you get rid of or keep moths at bay in your wardrobes?

(7 Posts)
virgo1979 Sun 14-Aug-11 14:12:29

Hi, think I have moths sad Am planning a deep clean of wardrobes and cupboards etc, but what do you use/spray/hang up to keep moths at bay?
Just has look on amazon and there are mixed reviews of the products, so reccomended products welcome.

TIA

ChrissasMissis Sun 14-Aug-11 17:41:38

I've always used cedar wood balls - they smell nice and clothes moths hate them. Lakeland do a number of products:

www.lakeland.co.uk/search/cedar/q01.r16.1

Quodlibet Sun 14-Aug-11 17:44:50

We bought some of those moth strips off amazon. Well poisonous but seem to be doing the job.

You need to wash or freeze all clothes to make sure you kill all the larvae - a ball-ache but better than the thought of them eating all your nice clothes! Good luck in operation Moth Death, may the force be with you.

moragbellingham Sun 14-Aug-11 19:20:41

I didn't want to use anything too chemically harmful with DCs around so got these from Amazon. The lemon ones are quite nice smelling.
Apparently, one of the big pesticides that used to be used in moth repellents has been banned and so this has led to the massive incease in the moths.

virgo1979 Mon 15-Aug-11 09:51:37

Thanks all, will have a look at those products, forgot to mention I have a 14 month old!
What do you do with cedar balls, do you hang them in a bag or do you just place them around your wardrobe/drawers?

ChrissasMissis Mon 15-Aug-11 16:27:15

Virgo, I hang the cubes up in the little string bags you get with the washing powder tablets...I was always seem to have about eight million of these kicking around! You can also get them with coat hanger-style hooks drilled into the top. V.useful.

missuswife Tue 16-Aug-11 17:59:19

We have the poison strips, poison things that you hang on the closet rails, cedar balls, and have bug-bombed the flat twice and I am still seeing the occasional moth! I have seen them at work too. Apparently this is a particularly bad year for moths. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now