Talk

Advanced search

Irons

(5 Posts)
Fuzzled Sun 14-Aug-11 10:52:05

I have an iron. It works, but is about 10 years old.

I tend to iron everything (unless very delicate) on steam setting, but I've been not ironing for a while and am now thinking about starting again as I feel I have the time.

Has ironing technology moved on enough for me to justify a new iron?

Are these steam reservoir iron thingies worth it? I know they require more storage room, but that's not necessarily an issue.

Any advice would be welcome! TIA.

2ddornot2dd Sun 14-Aug-11 21:49:38

I got a steam generator last year after the old one died, and couldn't believe the difference - I reckon it takes about 2/3 of the time, as I don't have to do the backs of most things now.

For delicates I leave it on the steam setting and just hover it over the top (not recommended, but I seem to get away with it).

I read loads and loads of online reviews - Tefal irons seem to come out very well, and I am very happy with mine.

CaptainMartinCrieff Mon 15-Aug-11 06:37:14

I iron everything and only discovered steam generator irons a few months ago. I would never have an ordinary iron again!

follyfoot Mon 15-Aug-11 06:41:54

Mmm I wouldnt go back either. We've got a Phillips which was on a half price special offer at the time, and its brilliant.

CaptainMartinCrieff Mon 15-Aug-11 19:20:43

Mine was also a half price Phillips one. Tesco often do then half price so keep your eyes peeled OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now