Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a washer/dryer ...

(8 Posts)
Conundrumish Sat 13-Aug-11 23:58:08

It doesn't sound good - strange noises coming fromt the kitchen and engineer has said it is on its last legs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Earlybird Sun 14-Aug-11 00:07:14

Do you want separate units or a combination washer/dryer?

PercyPigPie Sun 14-Aug-11 09:53:55

All in one pls.

carpwidow Sun 14-Aug-11 12:03:22

Personally, I could never have a washer drier. Due to the volume of washing, my machine is on the go most of the time; drying would take up washing time. I have a fantastic condenser drier, which doesn't have to be near an outside wall and works brilliantly (as long as it is emptied regularly).

Earlybird Sun 14-Aug-11 13:33:34

I think the prevailing wisdom is that the more expensive makes seem to be 'better' - so look at Siemans, Bosch, Zanussi.

But, there are many people who are happy with the less expensive ones too.

Fwiw, I just bought a Bosch to replace a 15 year old Siemans.

Earlybird Sun 14-Aug-11 13:36:22

And when I say 'better', I mean more economical to operate, quieter and more durable.

But careful not to get one that is so fancy that it has lots of exotic programs you don't need and will never use.

gemma4d Sun 14-Aug-11 16:43:51

I recently (1 month+ ago?) bought a Zanussi. I adore it - I bought it 'cos it was the only one in stock which had all the "things" I wanted (like timer, and auto-dry) - I didn't actually want a larger drum but I LOVE IT!!! I can get soooo much in its easier for me to manage now (4 of us, 1 in nappies) than 6 months ago when it was 3 of us and no nappies. Plus it gets things beautifully clean and SOFT! And its straight forward to use, even my husband has managed to use it :impressed:

I saw just the other day it got Best Buy in a test by the Good Housekeeping magazine.

Just a tip - there are 3 autodry options - if you set it to cupboard-dry it comes out smelling bad because its "overcooked", so use iron-dry instead and its normally just right!

I'll just check the model ... its a zwd1458. Please don't ask me what the jetsystem+ is ... I haven't a sausage, despite googling it.

PercyPigPie Sun 14-Aug-11 18:28:32

Thanks Gemma. I'll have a look at that. Carpwidow - when we eventually get around to emptying out the garage and getting a shed/move house, we need to get a separate dryer too, but no room at the moment - thanks for the suggestion tho'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: