Talk

Advanced search

continuing on the other thread about the horrible person who poured bleach on a frog.....

(30 Posts)
lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 22:21:05

hi stofstg. Whats your name by the way? What keeps you on here on a friday night?

Anyway, in answer to your question. No i don't use fly spray. More because i don't like to use too many chemicals around the house with children around. Actually the only cleaning products i have is domestos for the toilet and a anti bacterial cleaner for surfaces in the kitchen.

Back to the poor frog, i think i would have also been livid because bleach was being used in such close proximity to the kids.

HerRoyalNotness Fri 12-Aug-11 22:28:28

Why did they kill the frog? Poor form IMO.

SuePurblybilt Fri 12-Aug-11 22:30:04

WTF? That's evil. Who would do that?

ScarlettIsWalking Fri 12-Aug-11 22:30:56

Who did such a thing?!

NLurkerispackingforholiday Fri 12-Aug-11 22:31:21

Eh?

MrsRhettButler Fri 12-Aug-11 22:31:34

sad

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 22:32:10

hi lucy! this is crazy but my hubby is down the pub and the kids are in bed and theres not much on tv lol. oh yeah my name is sarah by the way. nice to meet you lol

yeah that was something i was also not happy with. Not just did she use bleach so close to the kids, it was a small bathroom so the toilet was right next to the bath. Anyway when we originally found the frog as i mentioned we all had a joke and a laugh about it, including the kids who peeped down the loo to see the frog. For them to see her just pour bleach over it and flush it down the toilet was not something i would have wanted my boy to have seen. When i put my boy to bed that night he even asked about the frog. I just said he was fine and back with his friends. He's obviously too young to know about bleach and stuff.

I thought you must be some scientist or something, or maybe work for a cleaning company because you seem to know about germs lol. So domestos...you must really hate the germs then lol. I have never really thought about germs too much to be honest.

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 22:38:12

wow we seem to have an audience lol. Ok basically i was at my old next door neighbours house one day and we bathed our kids together. Anyway we found a frog in the toilet. After a little joke and laugh about it she said she would deal with it. I thought she went to her cupboard to get some gloves to fish the poor frog out. I turned my attention to the kids in the bath and turned around to see her pouring bleach all over the frog and then just lower the lid and flush it. Really quite cruel.

ScarlettIsWalking Fri 12-Aug-11 22:38:50

How awful

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 22:50:14

hi sarah nice to meet you too! i actually used to work for lever, who make domestos. Overall the fear of germs is overated. I hate those adverts that domestos do creating a fear of germs. Actually we need germs for our inmune system but yet we also do need to be a bit wary of them. Food poisoning in the kitchen and germs in the loo need to be killed. Lots of nasty germs in the toilet. So i guess thats why i know so much about bleach and germs, etc.

Back to the frog, using cleaning chemicals near children is not good. Studies show that using cleaning products when pregnant for example increase the risk of asthma in the child. Still can't get over how your friend just poured bleach over the poor thing!

usualsuspect Fri 12-Aug-11 22:51:18

WTF?

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 22:51:48

oh yeah hi everyone else. Basically we are two woman who are at home alone whilst the kids are asleep so thought we'd have a random conversation lol

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Aug-11 22:54:34

"wow we seem to have an audience lol."

of course you have an audience you're chatting on an open forum. why don't you use msn or facebook or whatever people use these days to talk to each other on?

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Aug-11 22:55:20

do you mean UNIlever?

usualsuspect Fri 12-Aug-11 22:55:21

Is it a private conversation ?

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 23:03:15

@ thisisyesterday - to be fair we only just got speaking tonight. We don!t have each others msn or facebook.

Anyway lucy, thats quite an interesting job. Can't say i've ever really thought about germs in detail. My grandad actually used to insist that germs were a figmant of imagination to keep cleaning companies in business lol. Saying that i do have a cupboard full of cleaning products. Dettol, harpic, etc. You maybe a good person to settle the old toilet brush argument. Seen threads on here saying whether its right to use a toilet brush or not?

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 23:05:20

not its not private at all lol. Just bored lol. So what you have done if you found a frog in the toilet or if you saw someone pour bleach over it? Can't believe we are actually talking about this lol

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Aug-11 23:06:16

did you meet on here then?

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 23:10:38

yeah open chat i guess lol.

ok. toilet brushes. i use one. but as i mentioned before i do change it every month for the cheap ones at tesco. after i have used it i leave it in the bleachy water in the toilet. it doesn't actually take long for bleach to kill germs. about 30 seconds max. the chlorine in the bleach will kill all the germs too. hope that settles that old argument lol.

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 23:10:54

yeah open chat i guess lol.

ok. toilet brushes. i use one. but as i mentioned before i do change it every month for the cheap ones at tesco. after i have used it i leave it in the bleachy water in the toilet. it doesn't actually take long for bleach to kill germs. about 30 seconds max. the chlorine in the bleach will kill all the germs too. hope that settles that old argument lol.

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Aug-11 23:15:32

bleach IS chlorine.

and it's really bad for the environment.

poor frog sad
this makes me sad.

what did you say to her when she did that? I'd have gone mad I think

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 23:20:43

thisisyesterday - yeah chlorine is a horrible chemical. Not good for your health or the environment you are correct. thats why i only use it down the toilet. apart from antibacterial spray on kitchen surfaces i actually use ecover products for the rest of my cleaning chores. Do you not use bleach at all then?

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Aug-11 23:22:03

no, i never use bleach. actually i can't stand the smell of it, it makes me feel really sick so even if i wanted to use it i probably wouldn't! lol

I use ecover stuff quite a lot, or bicarb/vinegar etc

usualsuspect Fri 12-Aug-11 23:24:06

This thread is odd

rushofbloodtothefeet Fri 12-Aug-11 23:25:01

I thought that too usualsuspect. Maybe the wine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now