Talk

Advanced search

Loo talk..

(15 Posts)
babycham42 Fri 12-Aug-11 10:38:03

Why do the fairies come and shit up the back of my loo when I"ve just cleaned it?(must be them as no one else will admit to it)
Why do little girls use loo paper then just throw it over their shoulders?
Why does everyone seem to think empty loo rolls walk to the bin?
Why do I always end up sitting on a wet loo seat?
And why was there a grasshopper swimming around in the bowl last night?

Anyone else ? Or is it just me who needs to give my family a Stern Talking To?

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 18:30:38

i know what you mean but my gripe is someone needing to use the toilet just as i'm squirting bleach down! i used to have similar problems as you. even though i accept that i will most likely be the only person in the house who cleans the toilet i refuse to find a filthy toilet! Therefore i set some toilet rules in this house, namely everyone wiping any marks they leave with the toilet brush (before anyone says i do leave the brush in the bleach in the toilet when i clean and i replace monthly with the cheap ones you can get in tesco), and whoever uses the last of the loo roll puts the used loo roll in the bathroom bin and putting a new loo roll on the holder, and wiping any splashes on the seat or floor. So i think you should lay down the law a bit more! Grasshopper?! How on earth did that find its way into the loo?! Did you save it or flush it? I'm a sucker for all creatures great and small so i probably would have fished it out with the brush and chucked it out the window lol. Though saying that if it was a spider or wasp i would have flushed, actually i probably would have attacked it with bleach to make sure it was killed and couldn't climb back up the u-bend lol

babycham42 Fri 12-Aug-11 18:32:56

I did save the Grasshopper! As to how it got there ??????

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 18:40:41

hooray for mr grasshopper :-)

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 19:02:47

omg lucytails i so know what you mean! once when me and my old next door neighbour were bathing our kids we found a frog in the toilet. after having a little laugh and joke about it she sighed that she best deal with it. I tuned away to watch the kids fully expexting her to fish it or something and then turned around again to see her squirting bleach all over the poor thing then calmly lower the lid and flushed it. i was quite cross with her for doing that.

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 19:41:51

oh my god thats horrible! poor thing...did you ask her why she did it? It wouldn't taken much to get some gloves and fish the thing out and chuck out the window!

babycham42 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:47:41

Poor poor frog. I once accidentally flushed a huge spider down the loo.I had actually been for a wee and turned to flush and it was in the bowl.That was years ago and I still check now,hence spotting grasshopper.I still feel guilty about that poor spider!

cat64 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:50:34

Message withdrawn

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 19:57:50

babycham & stofstg - think i may think again my policy of killing a spider or wasp i may find down the loo after hearing about the frog. Its just that spiders and wasps really scare me....can't stop thinking of the poor frog. The bleach would have caused it an almighty pain because they have a similar skin to slugs so the bleach would have acted like salt and melted the poor thing.

babycham42 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:04:30

I do flush any mozzies in the bowl if I get half a chance but the buggers are so quick.
That would add insult to injury to sit in someone else"s pee,then get bit on the bum.

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 20:41:01

she just shrugged her shoulders and said it was only a frog. At the time i didn't want to make a big deal out it in front of the kids. The worst thing was about 10 minutes later after the kids were out the bath and dried i went to use the loo and the frog was still there floating around on it back and twitching so i decided to put it out of its misery and forced it under the water and drowned it. I brought it up a couple of days later and she got defensive and ridiculous and even compared it to pouring bleach down the loo to kill germs! It goes without saying i didn't take my boy to hers again to bath. Shes moved away now and i don't see her anymore anyway. Sorry to upset you lucy...

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 21:31:46

thats ridiculous. i really hate people who are cruel to animals. it really gets my back up and pouring bleach on a frog is cruel. credit to you for putting it out of its misery though. you can't compare a frog to a germ. a frog has a brain and a nervous system and are harmless, well the ones in this country. The bleach would have caused it an almighty amount of pain and you testify by saying you found it floating in the water still alive and twitching after 10 minutes of being in the bleachy toilet water. whereas a germ is a micro organism with no nervous system or brain to feel pain. germs don't scream when you bleach them like adverts like domestos may suggest. Germs also cause sickness so they need to be controlled. I think you're friend is horrible and obviously has a disregard for life. She didn't have to pour the bleach on it. If she didn't want to pick the frog out of the toilet even if she flushed the loo the frog would probably have survived to live another day.

Sorry for the rant, and sorry for rather hyjacking your thread babycham.

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 21:58:55

oh my what have i started here lol. yeah i wish i saw her pick up the bottle of bleach and approach the toilet because i would have known what she was about to do and stopped her. I thought she was going to the cupboard to get some gloves as you said to perhaps pick the thing out to 'deal with it'. I would have picked the frog out myself rather than watch her pour bleach all over the thing. But maybe she did have a point in a way when saying whys it ok to kill a germ but not a frog. Do you use fly spray to kill flies in the summer out of interest? I can't believe i'm sat here talking to someone on a friday night about toilets, frogs, and germs lol

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 22:05:00

well i'm still here like you....baby is asleep and boyfriend is away with work so just me tonight. i don't want to hyjack this thread anymore than i have. i'll answer your question in a new thread if you're up for a chat lol

stofstg Fri 12-Aug-11 22:09:06

yeah why not lol. sorry babycham for taking your thread off topic....oh yeah you should definitely give your family a stern talking to!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now