Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a white hall, stairs and landing ???

(6 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Aug-11 10:09:53

Think of how bad a hall, stairs and landing could be, times it by 1000 and you have mine.

It is quite dark and dingy and as I have got to decorate it myself I was thinking of doing the whole thing white so i won't struggle so much with the top of the walls/celing.

I recently did dd2's room white and I love it as it is so easy to buy things for it, as anything goes.

Obviiously though, this is a high traffic area, so would I be nuts ? Would use a wipeable painit of course.

Meglet Fri 12-Aug-11 10:14:45

My whole house is white with laminate floors.

Its taken almost 5 years of small children to really make the stair walls grubby. The good thing is I can re-paint bit by bit without it looking obvious. My stairs need doing so I'll need a handyman to get the high walls + celing done, but I can manage the rest of the house.

Love white walls, they can all be wiped down or re-painted without too much fuss smile.

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Aug-11 10:16:41

Thank's Meglet, sounds like a good idea then. It will be a huge job as it is in such a state currently, but i think once finished it wll look fab smile

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 12-Aug-11 10:17:00

What type of paint do you use ?? Matt, silk, ???

lubeybooby Fri 12-Aug-11 10:21:18

My hall stairs and landing is all white, came with the house as it's rented but I like it and have since given it a fresh coat of paint all in white. I don't find it needs too much wiping down but then I don't have small DC's so maybe a factor!

Meglet Fri 12-Aug-11 15:51:38

Most of the house was done with B&Q value matt emulsion when I moved in.

I have recently painted the dining area with Silk as it's easier to wipe weetabix off it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now