Talk

Advanced search

Irons packed in Help please.

(8 Posts)
HotSummerNights Thu 11-Aug-11 14:53:49

Ok my Iron has just packed in but I'm really skint at the moment.

Have seen This One.

Do you think it will any good just for a week or so until the bank account is a bit healthier?

ShatnersBassoon Thu 11-Aug-11 14:56:11

I would not bother ironing until I could get a better one, especially if it will only be a week or so.

Mummystootired Thu 11-Aug-11 14:57:05

O.K. you might not like this but do you really need to iron. I only iron if I absolutely have to.

HotSummerNights Thu 11-Aug-11 15:01:01

Thing is DS starts back at school on Tuesday and his new uniform arrived all crumpled.

Might give it all a wash and tumble dry it.

inmysparetime Thu 11-Aug-11 15:04:49

I gave up ironing almost 10 years ago when DC1 was born. I needed more sleep time and something had to give. I tried not ironing for a week and nobody noticed so I kept the free time. Almost a decade on
I only use the iron for DDs Hama beads, I put clothes on about an hour before going out in them and voila! All the creases are wear creases. It's like ironing but far easier, and still people are surprised when I tell them I never iron, which must mean they still haven't noticed.
I agree about the annoyance of things breaking down though, our kettle packed in as we were about to go on holiday, we had to buy one as soon as we got back, then the boiler broke down very expensively, so much so that 9 days and £350 later we still have no hot water, and are buying a new more reliable boiler. Not impressed about the expense but it has been a week since I had a bath and everyone's getting quite smelly now!

inmysparetime Thu 11-Aug-11 15:06:15

As for the school uniform problem, wet it in the shower and leave it hanging on the shower rail to dry. The creases just fall right out like magic.

aliceliddell Thu 11-Aug-11 15:13:39

We never iron. Pull clothes to get creases out when wet, dry flat, peg out so no creases are made. Takes a lot less time and effort than ironing. Don't buy hings like silk which do need ironing.

RedBlanket Thu 11-Aug-11 15:20:31

As others have said, don't bother ironing.

Wash it and hang it up straight away, the creases will fall out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now