Talk

Advanced search

Quick win cleaning

(15 Posts)
BirdOfPassage Thu 11-Aug-11 13:26:51

Do you have a 'quick win' - ie a minimum clean-up that makes you happy with how your house looks to be going along with? Mine is: hall clean and tidy, loo clean, washbasin clean.

babycham42 Thu 11-Aug-11 13:32:42

Does this assume washing up,living room tidying etc are kept up on?

BirdOfPassage Thu 11-Aug-11 19:51:33

'Quick win' makes you feel good before you start on the others! (or if you have to go out before starting on the others eventually thoroughly). I just noticed that I feel good and optimistic if those minima are done, and especially when I come back to the house after going out (hall looks good).

babycham42 Thu 11-Aug-11 20:01:47

Got ya! Beds made and a load of washing on or done.

Teachermumof3 Thu 11-Aug-11 21:21:15

Yes, downstairs: hall empty, floors clear, toilet scrubbed and kitchen surfaces clear. Upstairs: beds made, bathrooms clean and tidy, floors clear.

Not sure what's left though!

kansasmum Thu 11-Aug-11 21:48:52

Kitchen tidy, dishwasher sorted(either emptied or filled and on!), lounge hoovered and loos clean and beds made!
I can't go downstairs and leave my bed unmade- a made bed just INSTANTLY makes a room look tidier.

Anifrangapani Thu 11-Aug-11 21:51:20

Closing the doors to the kid's rooms.

AngelDog Fri 12-Aug-11 08:51:40

Kitchen table clear, worksurfaces clear(ish), dirty dishes in dishwasher.

Canistaysane Fri 12-Aug-11 09:25:28

grin I like what you saidAnifrangapani

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Fri 12-Aug-11 11:16:24

A tidy kitchen and a tidy hall!

lucytails Fri 12-Aug-11 18:05:17

minimum daily chores

- kitchen tidied and wiped over
- toilets cleaned
- beds made
- lounge generally clear of clutter

wicketkeeper Sat 13-Aug-11 13:15:11

Bed turned back to air, cushions in the lounge straightened, any stray mugs etc cleared away, kitchen benches clear and clean. It takes 10 minutes in the morning (I sort the kitchen benches while I'm waiting for my morning kettle to boil). Anything more than that is a bonus.

LucyHarveysF Sat 13-Aug-11 13:37:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Shoutymomma Mon 15-Aug-11 11:55:06

Daily: tidy round (under heavy artillery fire), recycling, wash up (no dish-washer, GAH), washing, clothes filing. Weekly: hoover and mop, bathrooms, dusting, general wipe round, ironing, lawn mowing. Blue moon chores: windows, car hoovering, weeding. Scary job: making space (sorting through for charity shop run). Most dreaded: attic attack.

carpwidow Mon 15-Aug-11 16:16:01

Polish up the stainless steel taps with left hand, whilst brushing teeth with right hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now