Talk

Advanced search

Line covers for rotary washing lines

(11 Posts)
AngelDog Wed 10-Aug-11 06:47:41

Daft question alert. blush

Are they supposed to be waterproof? Or are you supposed to bring the line in every time it rains?

Seona1973 Wed 10-Aug-11 08:21:04

I have never used one so my rotary line just stays out and gets exposed to all weather conditions. I would imagine they should be waterproof to keep the rain off.

Flisspaps Wed 10-Aug-11 08:33:31

Poundland do some waterproof looking rotary covers.

I've not moved or covered my rotary line in five years (which is as long as we've been in this house) - it never occurred to me that it would need covering or moving. It stays up in all weathers, gets a quick wipe down if it gets mucky and that's about it.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Wed 10-Aug-11 13:24:33

They're waterproof. I've had some from B&Q which wore out fast, and at the moment I have a camouflage one from John Lewis which has a pattern of plants on it. Love it!

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 10-Aug-11 13:30:52

I've got one you can have if you PM me your address, it was just going to go ob the bin but AFAIK its never been used.

AngelDog Wed 10-Aug-11 22:12:39

Thank you, Jareth - have PM'd you. smile

Thus question occurred to me after DH took our new line down when we went on holiday (not sure why) and left it lying in a patch of mud in the garden. hmm Probably something to do with the concrete for the base not having set as it's rather wobbly at the moment. <it's the half-baked job brigade here>

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 10-Aug-11 22:16:27

Not really related to OPs question, but just wanted to say for those of you with rotary dryers that they are a real strangulation risk for kids if left 'collapsed' and uncovered. The loops hang ideally at small child height, I nearly had kittens when someone pointed this out to me. Ours has stayed erect ever since. I should think a cover would remove some of the danger though.

AngelDog Wed 10-Aug-11 22:21:06

Ah, that's a good point, rushofblood. I remember now my mum leaving hers up when we stayed there with my 18 m.o. as he started looking interested.

I think I'll leave ours up - but Jareth, if it's okay, I'd still like the cover if that's okay with you, as if we do have to take it down & put it in the shed, it'd keep it clean.

MaureenMLove Wed 10-Aug-11 22:36:44

Life really is too short to either cover the line or put it down, surely?

Just imagine how many precious minutes of your life you must waste, uncovering it, putting it up, pulling it down, covering it, uncovering it, putting it up, pulling it down, covering it......

You must all do, at least 5 washes a week? I'm not sure of the family average tbh. We are a family of 3 and DD does her own, so I only do 3, maybe 4 a week!

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 12-Aug-11 08:11:21

You're welcome AngelDog. Forgot to bring it to work with me so will have to post it to you next week.

I don't understand people who don't cover their line, or don't even bother taking it down.. doesn't it get all spiderwebby and gross?

AngelDog Fri 12-Aug-11 14:08:18

No problem, Jareth - there's no desperate rush. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now