Fabric or leather?

Where did you get it?

DO you love it?

I'm a bit preoccupied with sofas atm blush

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 22:10:48

I have a brown leather sofa

I am aware that I am a MN stereotype...

heather1 Tue 09-Aug-11 22:15:00

I have a red sofa, not velvet but sort of soft and stroky. Its from ikea. It has washable covers and a chaise long ( I have always wanted a cl, and while its not the antique, white and wood one I had in mind it is very comfy) The only downside is that it had to be made up but DH did most of that. I love it

LawrieMarlow Tue 09-Aug-11 22:15:22

I have a terracotta fabric one from John Lewis. Predates DC so is at least 9 years old as got it before I was pregnant with DS. Still love it although it is getting a little saggy and worn at the seams (or whatever Bagpuss is).

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 09-Aug-11 22:17:44

A corner, brown, leather sofa, and from DFS and next month is the last payment grin

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 09-Aug-11 22:18:05

Oh and I love it!

CroissantNeuf Tue 09-Aug-11 22:19:57

We have 2 brown fabric ones that were great when we bought them about 5 years ago but are now lumpy, uncomfortable and shit.

We're trying to decide whether to spend money on getting some new decent seat cushions cut to size or whether we should just get new sofas once our elderly, prone to vomiting on soft furnishings cat carks it when we can afford it

Grockle Tue 09-Aug-11 22:20:46

I want brown leather blush

Does it get scratched? Or punctured?

And I'd love a chaise longue envy

CroissantNeuf Tue 09-Aug-11 22:20:46

Forgot to add that the crap sofas were from a shop in Cheltenham, can't remember the name, but weren't cheap

Cathycat Tue 09-Aug-11 22:22:13

Falling apart, terracotta, 2 two seaters, desperate for a new one. Comfy and fits the space well.

southchinasea Tue 09-Aug-11 22:22:21

I have a duck egg blue fabric sofa from sofa.com and love it! It's the jackson style, comes into pieces so was ideal to get up narrow stairs to my sitting room, and is v comfy indeed.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Tue 09-Aug-11 22:23:20

my sofa is a tan leather L shape sofa. I love it. Its comfy and any spills can be wiped up without me having a heart attack. Once dogs/kids have 'gone' or grown up then I will get another sofa.

We used to have a pale cream velvety sofa from Laura Ashley, sadly babies, puppies and 'life' made me get rid and go back to leather.

Doilooklikeatourist Tue 09-Aug-11 22:32:19

Pale gold fabric sofas from Laura Ashley , about 10 years old a bit saggy and frayed but still comfy .

oreocrumbs Tue 09-Aug-11 22:38:39

DFS corner sofa (that I didn't measure properly and is now a lop sided 'c' rather than an 'L') main body is a mix of brown and beige fabrics with duck egg blue back cusions. Comfy yes when you have burried yourself in, however its always a mess and you can't just sit down you have to re arrange it from its position the last person had!

Beamur Tue 09-Aug-11 22:42:28

Brown leather (is that a terrible cliche?) - very comfy, but always a bit cold to sit on to start with. Nearly 3 years old now and looks pretty much the same as when we got it - has worn really well. It hasn't scratched or punctured - dog not allowed in lounge though.
I was a bit precious about food/drinks on it at first, but it is more resistant to spills and marks than our old fabric one was.

Grockle Tue 09-Aug-11 22:45:31

Where's it from Beamur? For some reason I was against DFS but lots of people say good things about them

tallulah Tue 09-Aug-11 22:45:48

We had a leather one. It didn't last sad Got scratched, lost colour and went shiny- never again.

Latest one is fabric, high back and very snuggly. From Harveys.

Grockle Tue 09-Aug-11 22:46:46

Oh, Tallulah sad

I didn't want to hear that!

TarquinGyrfalcon Tue 09-Aug-11 22:51:41

Sage green leather. It was my parent's before we had it so it must be at least 15 years old and it still looks fine - I'm pretty sure it was v expensive when they bought it.
It's actually too big for our living room but it's so comfortable and it was free that I won't get rid of it.

Beamur Tue 09-Aug-11 23:00:57

I think it was CSL in Oldham - there was a DFS on the same retail site, but the CSL ones seemed more to our taste, we were looking for something a bit plainer. Got 2 large 2-seaters and a storage footstall for about £1500 - £2000 - can't remember exactly how much.
I occasionally wipe a duster over it and we took out some accidental cover insurance in case of damage but it has been fine - 2 adults, 2 teens and a small child in the house so it gets properly used.

Jacaqueen Tue 09-Aug-11 23:13:12

Navy Blue Velvet (chenile)

Bought 13 years ago

Derwent

Cost around 1500. A fortune at the time and still a fortue now.

Still going strong

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Wed 10-Aug-11 08:28:22

Btw my one still looks fab and is 2.5 years, I actually told the sales man I wanted one that would last at least as long as the payments or I'd be back blush

aStarInStrangeways Wed 10-Aug-11 08:38:26

we have a 2 seater Karlstadt from ikea. black fabric covers, replacements for the pale yellow ones that fell victim to cat/toddler depredations.

i don't exactly love it, but it's alright and is all we can afford atm.

Grockle Wed 10-Aug-11 12:14:11

Mine's an old Ikea one - quite comfy but looks shabby. I neeeed a leather one.

tallulah Wed 10-Aug-11 18:45:51

grin

To be fair it got scratched by cats and by DH's jeans/ belt buckle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now