Talk

Advanced search

Your experience of carpet cleaning firms?

(9 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Mon 08-Aug-11 12:04:51

Hi all

Basically I want to get the main thoroughfare carpets deep-cleaned - lounge, hall, stairs, landing etc...

Is there such a thing as a company who will give you a quote without actually needing to come and view your house first? I'm just worried that I'll get the hard sell and be pressured into spending more than I can afford if someone comes in and corners me on it.

I know they look at the size/area etc but I could give them dimensions over the phone/email.

Thanks in advance.

YouDoTheMath Mon 08-Aug-11 16:16:26

Anyone?

menagerie Mon 08-Aug-11 23:23:08

I usually hire a rug doctor from Homebase and do them myself. No chemical smells and it only coasts about £30 for a weekend. Most companies are either very expensive, very chemical, or hire a Rug doctor themselves and come and do the heavy work.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 08-Aug-11 23:24:33

I think that the bloke I used quoted over the phone, based on room sizes. Trying calling a few and see?

plupervert Mon 08-Aug-11 23:30:02

DSS Home Shops also hire out carpet cleaners. Doing it yourself is a real option unless you have time constraints or a bad back...

bacon Wed 10-Aug-11 13:03:58

Professional companies use dry chemicals so its not easy to compare DIY system. They can use different chemicals for different carpets and certain stains.

I'm sure many can do it with acurate room sizes.

Lynzilove Wed 10-Aug-11 13:11:25

Depending where you're based my family run Homeclean carpets it covers south and southwest and some south midlands. Very reasonable, over the phone quotes and special whole house offers. it's a family business run by my parents and my brothers are the in field operators. I also used to work for them and I can assure you it is an excellent clean. Some carpets do really cone up like new. They do wet cleaning and also a system where carpets are dry within an hour.
www.Homeclean-carpets.com
Sorry for the plug!

SparkyToo Thu 11-Aug-11 16:31:36

I've used carpet cleaning companies (to have carpets and sofas cleaned) and used to get my carpets cleaned at least once a year. They do look like new after they have been done and worth doing if your carpets are getting a bit grubby looking.

The thing is, once carpets have been cleaned I think they get dirtier again quicker and you do need to keep getting them done. We have had some new carpet laid and I am now holding off from that first clean!

YouDoTheMath Fri 12-Aug-11 17:26:21

Thanks Lynzilove I will definitely check out that website!

As for the Rug Doctor, is it heavy to lug about and a faff to use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now