Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning a tilled floor

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 04-Aug-11 08:36:31

I have a large (42ft by 12ft) tiled floor

It is mopped daily (occasionally I miss a day) it is high use (a playroom) but low food area

I cleaned up some crayon off the floor with a nail brush & some jif cif and it looks amazing

However I struggle to see how I could clean the whole floor the same way

Is there a miracle solution to my problem? (other than extremely hard work during a very hot day sad - did I mention my bad back? wink)

It might be completely useless, but I ran out of floor cleaner three other day and just used some washing powder. The floor looked and smelt amazing. I pointed this wondrous discovery out to DH and he said 'oh did you wash the floor?' grrr.

KatyMac Thu 04-Aug-11 09:42:01

Men!

Indeed. Try the washing powder though, I just used a handful in about five litres of water. The floor looked cleaner than I've ever seen it.

Mandy2003 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:12:11

I am given Washdown (a commercial version of Flash liquid) to use at work on the black slate floors. I am not thrilled with the results I have to say. May nick some washing powder from the laundry room this week!

KatyMac Sat 06-Aug-11 19:36:35

Washing power isn't really working

Should it bio or non-bio?

Bio is what I used. Bold was the brand.

KatyMac Sun 07-Aug-11 07:38:20

Thanks - I used non-bio

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now