Talk

Advanced search

Help! Ds put a board book in the washing machine with a dark wash...

(9 Posts)
Gentleness Tue 02-Aug-11 16:41:33

...which is now fluffy. Very fluffy. Including my favourite (only) black breastfeeding tops.

Any fixes, preferably quick ones before I descend into despair....

Gentleness Tue 02-Aug-11 17:05:18

really, really HELP! am panicking as I have one smart and one semi-smart top for breastfeeding and that is it - no time to shop, and a bit stingy...

NarcissaMalfoy Tue 02-Aug-11 17:10:05

Try using masking tape or Sellotape to remove the bits from the tops. I kind of roll it round my knuckles and press down. Works for rogue tissues in the wash.

NarcissaMalfoy Tue 02-Aug-11 17:11:18

Oh and keep him as far away from the washing machine as possible. Next time it might be your mobile phone.

tibni Tue 02-Aug-11 17:12:00

can you tumble dry the top? Ds has posted all types of things in my washer over the years and I have found tumble dry and lint roller tends to remove most things.

Good luck!

AMumInScotland Tue 02-Aug-11 17:12:18

Take them outside and flap them as hard as possible to get the worst off. The wind sellotape round your hand, sticky side out and pat all over. Replace the tape as it gets fluffed-up.

Run your washing machine on empty to try to get any left out of the drum, else it will just spread!

thejaffacakesareonme Tue 02-Aug-11 19:06:59

If velcro will not damage the clothes, you could try tumble drying them with a few pieces of velcro. Lakeland sell little balls that remove tissues etc that have stuck to clothes but to be honest they are just made of velcro so small strips of it should work just as well.

Gentleness Tue 02-Aug-11 22:16:55

Thanks all - I've been flapping away outside like a loon and am now resigned to spending the next 3 weeks using a lint roller and sellotape... Just wish I could do it at the same time as breastfeeding but he's too easily distracted.

Sigh.

Gentleness Wed 03-Aug-11 22:12:16

For anyone else with the same problem in the future, a scrubbing brush worked wonders. Took me the best part of the morning to brush down each item, then re-rinsed twice, but at least I have clothes to wear again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now