Talk

Advanced search

To everyone struggling with keeping a cleaning routine

(10 Posts)
Paperplane Sat 30-Jul-11 11:01:12

Can I recommend the flylady daily and weekly routine?
Apart from the meal planning I've been trying to follow it and it's been brilliant.

I will get round to the meal planning too.

Just thought it may help others too.

flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Routines.asp

Snackalot Sat 30-Jul-11 20:52:10

Paperplane thank you very much for that! I think I will give it a go.
Have to ask though, does the Flylady work or have children?!

TeaOneSugar Sat 30-Jul-11 21:07:04

There are always quite a few support threads on here for those trying flylady, but I think most people on them are probably SAHMs.

Flylady herself, I think, has grown up children and does voluntary/community work.

The principles do work if you have children and work outside the home though (I do it most of the time) the trick is to find your own version, with routines that suit you and your home/family.

It's based on routines and doing a little often, which works if you're at home with small children underfoot, or out at work all day and needing to squeeze it all into less time.

HairBearz Sat 30-Jul-11 22:19:03

Is it an american site? some of the tasks look odd

TeaOneSugar Mon 01-Aug-11 18:36:30

It is American, so you do have to translate a bit, and you have to gloss over some of the religious aspects if you're not that way inclined.

queenmaeve Tue 02-Aug-11 16:17:51

Dont sign up for the emails you'll be swamped every day! for the emails you'll be swamped every day!

stitchthis Tue 02-Aug-11 18:16:14

I agree. Swamped.

pollyteapot Wed 03-Aug-11 06:57:07

This is great! I am now a SAHM andreally need a routine. TY for posting

Anyone fancying it, I would highly reccomend seeking out a flylady thread on here, (lots in good house keeping) load of support and help for when you are getting the hang of it.

Snackalot Wed 03-Aug-11 21:15:12

oops just signed up! But I do now have a shiny sink smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now