Talk

Advanced search

end of tether rubbish smeg oven and stainless steel stains

(14 Posts)
Sunshinenow Fri 29-Jul-11 18:18:09

hello - can anyone help - I have a stainless steel oven (worst buy ever) which was water mark type streaks down the front.

So far I have tried silver polish, brasso, WD40, varnish, special stainless steel cleaner. And NOTHING is shifting it.

Can anyone think of anything else I might try to get rid of the awful marks.

anonymousbird Fri 29-Jul-11 18:40:36

I have the most amazing stainless steel cleaner, but don't know where you get it as my kitchen fitters gave it to me. It is called Elica Stainless Steel Cleaner. No idea how much it is (won't be cheap I suspect).

Truly, it just rubs on and hey presto, every single mark vanishes (and believe me, we have loads of greasy little fingers all over the fridge and the oven).

Good luck - I too have tried numerous other methods and none have worked, in fact everything makes it worse. Except this magic spray. Plus a nice dry E Cloth.

Sunshinenow Fri 29-Jul-11 18:43:31

thanks I am off to google. It has become a war - me a against the marks.

anonymousbird Fri 29-Jul-11 18:48:16

Well, when my kitchen guy came the other day to put finishing touches to our kitchen, I had marks all over my extractor, my oven and my fridge and out came this magic spray. Honestly, my jaw was on the floor, effect was instant. He took pity and gave me the can there and then, as I was nearly in tears of joy at the results!

And I had spent the last two weeks trying everything else to no avail.

Hope it works for you.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 29-Jul-11 18:48:48

Isn't baby oil meant to be good for stainless steel?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 29-Jul-11 18:50:57

Elica cleaner

Sunshinenow Fri 29-Jul-11 18:55:13

tried baby oil and wd40. they both get finger type marks off. But I have somehow got water mark type streaks - they just won't budge. I am beginning to think I the steel has gone funny. If that is possible.

BettyBathroom Fri 29-Jul-11 19:43:34

The steel went funny on our fridge freezer - I now suspect it was rust - maybe try rust remover.

Cutiecat Sat 30-Jul-11 00:48:30

Try 'shiny sinks' which is great on stainless steel sinks. I used it on the front of our fridge when some rust marks appeared and then just rubbed out. I then buffed it with baby oil. Good luck.

Cutiecat Sat 30-Jul-11 00:49:35

homecaretechnology.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=23&category_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34&vmcchk=1&Itemid=34

valiumredhead Sun 31-Jul-11 14:23:44

We ended up in a year long battle trying to get a refund on our SMEG over - I feel your pain!

Have you tried Bar Keepers Friend? You can get it from Waitrose. Our oven ended up with rust marks and I had tried everything and this stuff is like magic!

hwhite6 Sun 31-Jul-11 16:09:15

We seem to clean most things with baby wipes these days, brought up the greasy SS cooker hood a treat!

Lizzun Sun 31-Jul-11 16:29:33

I use chromol for our brushed stainless steel "White" goods... We got a tiny freebie bottle with our cooker, but you can order it on line, not cheap but a little goes a long way. I believe baby oil works well, but not sure about the smell lol!

foodjunkie Sun 31-Jul-11 17:15:14

Barkeepers Friend then an ECloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now