Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for mops?

(7 Posts)
GrendelsMum Wed 27-Jul-11 20:59:37

Would anyone like to recommend me a mop to keep our kitchen floor clean? It looks permanently grubby at the moment. I've had a look on the Lakeland website and I never realised there was so much mop technology out there!

Of couse, I might just give up and buy a Scooba and a Roomba...

AlmaMartyr Thu 28-Jul-11 14:36:23

I use an E-mop which is pretty good although I'd much rather have a steam mop!

EggyMcEggMcSandwich Thu 28-Jul-11 14:38:20

I find the classic 'shredded J cloth' mop does a great job

linspins Thu 28-Jul-11 21:14:17

I've got a e-mop too, and it's great for whisking over the floor, dries really quickly cos it's never that wet. You can use it dry too to de-dust the floor. But if the floor is really filthy, nothing really beats scrubbing it, with a normal e cloth, on your hands and knees.

TeaOneSugar Thu 28-Jul-11 21:51:28

We have an elderly dog, so I do a lot of mopping.

I have a cheap "shredded J cloth" style mop and change the head fairly frequently, I find any screw on head will fit the handle so it's no hassle.

I've had much more expensive mops in the past and I've then found it hard to get a replacement head (or they cost a silly amount of money).

I also have a flat microfibre mop I use sometimes with method squirt and mop stuff, for a quick polish, the head goes in the washer, but again I'm struggling to find a replacement for it, when this one wears out I probably won't replace it.

GrendelsMum Thu 28-Jul-11 21:55:11

So that's 3 votes for 'shredded J cloth' and 2 for e-mop. It looks like shredded J cloth has it!

Thanks very much, everyone, for partaking of the day's most boring thread.

TeaOneSugar Thu 28-Jul-11 22:01:01

I love a good mop thread grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now