Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for mops?

(7 Posts)
GrendelsMum Wed 27-Jul-11 20:59:37

Would anyone like to recommend me a mop to keep our kitchen floor clean? It looks permanently grubby at the moment. I've had a look on the Lakeland website and I never realised there was so much mop technology out there!

Of couse, I might just give up and buy a Scooba and a Roomba...

AlmaMartyr Thu 28-Jul-11 14:36:23

I use an E-mop which is pretty good although I'd much rather have a steam mop!

EggyMcEggMcSandwich Thu 28-Jul-11 14:38:20

I find the classic 'shredded J cloth' mop does a great job

linspins Thu 28-Jul-11 21:14:17

I've got a e-mop too, and it's great for whisking over the floor, dries really quickly cos it's never that wet. You can use it dry too to de-dust the floor. But if the floor is really filthy, nothing really beats scrubbing it, with a normal e cloth, on your hands and knees.

TeaOneSugar Thu 28-Jul-11 21:51:28

We have an elderly dog, so I do a lot of mopping.

I have a cheap "shredded J cloth" style mop and change the head fairly frequently, I find any screw on head will fit the handle so it's no hassle.

I've had much more expensive mops in the past and I've then found it hard to get a replacement head (or they cost a silly amount of money).

I also have a flat microfibre mop I use sometimes with method squirt and mop stuff, for a quick polish, the head goes in the washer, but again I'm struggling to find a replacement for it, when this one wears out I probably won't replace it.

GrendelsMum Thu 28-Jul-11 21:55:11

So that's 3 votes for 'shredded J cloth' and 2 for e-mop. It looks like shredded J cloth has it!

Thanks very much, everyone, for partaking of the day's most boring thread.

TeaOneSugar Thu 28-Jul-11 22:01:01

I love a good mop thread grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: