Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Steam generator iron leaking brown liquid

(4 Posts)
Fresh01 Wed 27-Jul-11 14:12:40

HI,

Our steam generator iron is leaking brown liquid from the actual iron part. I have throughly cleaned out the boiler part and the steam coming out of it is clean as sometimes if the boiler needs clean it can splutter some brown speckles with the steam. This time the brown liquid is pouring out of the iron part. It isn't that old so trying to look at all avenues before I have to replace it. Sadly I can't find the receipt/guarantee : ( Any ideas?

MindtheGappp Wed 27-Jul-11 14:19:22

This happened to me just last week.

I gave it a good clean, and when I started it up again, same thing, but this time with water pouring out of the holes on the base of the iron.

There was a tiny bit of steam leaking from the cap on the tank where I had threaded it wrong. Once I put this right, everything was fine.

I think that since it was not able to build up pressure, the steam condensed as it made its way along the hose and into the iron.

Fresh01 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:58:59

Thank you looks like that was the problem. Need to give the plate a good clean but the quick check that I did the brown stream stopped flowing out of the iron after I replaced the boiler cap. Very happy I am not needing a new iron this time round : )

MindtheGappp Wed 27-Jul-11 22:05:30

Excellent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now