Talk

Advanced search

oilatum has ruined my bath

(13 Posts)
pud1 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:29:58

i have to use oilatum for dd2 but my bath is vile. i rinse after each bath and i still cant get it clean. can anyone recomend a product that might help

HomemadeCommunistRussia Sat 23-Jul-11 21:34:06

Whadya mean ruined?

Is it just really greasy?

pud1 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:35:34

its more like it has marked the plasic. its not greasy to touch but it looks like a dirty film.

BooBooGlass Sat 23-Jul-11 21:36:49

I use Oliatum for my ds and the only thing that gets my bath clean is Vim. Luckily it's cheap and ridiculously easy to use.

pseudonomic Sat 23-Jul-11 21:36:54

It's petrochemical residue. Washing up liquid will get it off. Or cif. Or the dreaded Cillit Bang grime and lime.

pud1 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:39:06

is vim the powder stuff. will give that one a go first as it is the cheaper option.

HomemadeCommunistRussia Sat 23-Jul-11 21:46:04

I'd be worried that Vim might scratch a plastic bath.

Maybe try a strong cleaner like Cillit bang or HG Bath shine from lakeland first.

nannyl Sun 24-Jul-11 09:09:53

i vote cheap washing up liquid

im sure it was on how clean is your house, years ago, it was certainly on some programme. My grandma has bought value washing up liquid especially for her bath ever since. smile

jetsetlil Sun 24-Jul-11 10:27:41

sounds mad but try advanced white toothpaste. I swear to god it gets all stains and marks off.

WhoWhoWhoWho Sun 24-Jul-11 13:14:06

DS uses oilatum, I just use cream cleanser and a sponge with a green scrubber side, give it a good going over, then rinse it all off with shower head. Really should clean the bathroom actually....

JsOtherHalf Wed 27-Jul-11 00:22:12

Try using an eraser sponge?

MrsShrekTheThird Wed 27-Jul-11 02:47:14

Haven't read the rest of the thread sorry - I use big standard washing up liquid. Dc use oilatum bath almost every night.

Sometimes clean bath with salt and vinegar, but only rarely (when you want the house to smell like a chippy?) grin

MrsShrekTheThird Wed 27-Jul-11 02:48:19

I said BOG standard... But autocorrect didn't approve?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now