Talk

Advanced search

am really bored this afternoon: how many washing loads...

(12 Posts)
mousymouse Sat 23-Jul-11 17:00:45

... can you wash and dry a day?

2 would be pushing it. nothing gets dry quickly if I attempt to do more.

DaisySteiner Sat 23-Jul-11 17:05:35

I tend to save my washing until the weekend and then do up to 5 on each day if the weather's nice. If I hang inside I can get a couple of loads dry on my pulley airer.

Shinyshoes1 Sat 23-Jul-11 17:05:38

2 here too.

Unless I use the tumble than about 4

mousymouse Sat 23-Jul-11 17:16:54

have washer dryer, but it takes ages and have to split the load before putting it on. so I only use it to fluff up towels and to dry the bedding.

tjacksonpfc Sat 23-Jul-11 18:08:11

ive got 4 loads dried on the washing line today got another load in which might make it onto the line. If not it will go on airer in bathroom and that willl be the end of todays washing.

Not enough wink

I try not to use the tumbler so I have two clothes horses but on the weekends when I do the beds it's a nightmare if the weather is rotten.

PorkChopSter Sat 23-Jul-11 18:16:38

I could do loads .... in practice it's 1-3, more if it's a sheets n towels day.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 23-Jul-11 18:18:27

<also v bored>

Personal best is 5 loads. 2 in the dryer, 3 on the line.

Seona1973 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:47:39

my airers take up to 4 or 5 loads and if the weather is nice I will hang some outside too

Laugs Sat 23-Jul-11 22:54:34

envy I can't even get one load dry in a day (no dryer or outside line). In summer when the radiators aren't on, it seems to take 24-36 hours to dry most things (probably a lot of heavy cotton).
<brainwave> Maybe I need another clothes horse...
I also use the local launderette occasionally where I can dry 3 loads for £1.50 in half an hour.

Seona1973 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:59:44

I have this which takes a lot of washing and you can peg sheets/towels, etc on the sides of it to maximise drying space.

superjobee Sat 23-Jul-11 23:08:13

ive done 4 loads today blush lazy slattern all towels and DDs bunk bed bedding plus clothes and some teddies... DD takes her teddies out in the rain they get right mucky looking ..

had 3 loads in the dryer and have some on the heaters. all will be dry by morning thank god smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now