Talk

Advanced search

Bog Brush - do I need one? Is there a toddler proof one?

(11 Posts)
LizziePizzie Thu 21-Jul-11 23:43:44

My toddler has just discovered the toilet brush and I am thinking of throwing it out. Is there a brand that is toddler proof? Do I really need one?

yomellamoHelly Fri 22-Jul-11 08:36:57

Have to say it was the time I threw ours out. Also got rid of in-loo-bowl flush thingy after eldest brought me contents of cage (jelly type thing) asking what it was. Bleurgh! It's always when they go quiet.

linspins Fri 22-Jul-11 13:22:48

You could always get this www.scjohnson.co.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=5859 but not sure how eco friendly it is. Otherwise, you'll have to put yours in a cupboard...
My toddler hasn't discovered ours yet but it's only a matter of time...

AKMD Fri 22-Jul-11 13:26:32

Yes you need one (sorry). DS loves trying to pick it up but I am training him to be intersted in pulling the flush instead grin

supadupapupascupa Fri 22-Jul-11 13:29:14

get rid! germ infested horrid things.

get one of those handles that you attach a flushable pad to... cant for the life of me think what it is called! arghhhhhh

Columbia999 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:30:15

Harpic Fresh Brush, much nicer than a poopy toilet brush!

supadupapupascupa Fri 22-Jul-11 13:30:15

that's the one linspin ! fabby things

Columbia999 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:30:54

Whoops, Toilet Duck, not Harpic! blush

TheSkiingGardener Fri 22-Jul-11 13:34:28

Toilet duck thing. No shit sticks in this house.

Sparkles23 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:42:15

Get rid of loo brush, horrid things that trap poo!! Definitely not necessary and more hygienic without! I refuse to have one in our house (husband very pro loo brush and really doesn't like having to get within cm of his own skids to clean them!). Loo gets cleaned using rubber gloves and and disposable harpic wipe things that are flushable! Use for everyday cleaning and also a really good thorough clean once a week. Now I have a baby I will certainly be keeping it that way, my baby is already fascinated with the toilet and tries to climb it, he'd have a field day with a loo brush shudder!

jazzandh Sat 23-Jul-11 09:53:43

Toilet duck here (use half a pad at a time or even toilet paper). When Ds was tiny we used to say - "no that's yucky" - that name stuck and even now he calls it the "yucky"!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now