Talk

Advanced search

Microfibre cloth fans... is it really true you shouldn't use fabric softener on them?

(6 Posts)
ChuckYouFarlie Thu 21-Jul-11 20:03:53

I heard this somewhere. Is it true?

That would a major pain in the arse. I want to fling them in the washing machine with towels and sheets on hot wash! I NEED fabric softener in that wash cycle.

LordOfTheFlies Thu 21-Jul-11 20:19:27

blush mine go in the normal colour wash or coloured towel wash. I use FC on towels too because our water is hard and they come out crispy if I don't.

BerylOfLaughs Thu 21-Jul-11 20:20:26

They're better if you don't use it but it doesn't destroy them.

Seona1973 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:14:15

all mine say not to use fabric softener - sometimes I remember not to use it but sometimes I dont.

wellwisher Thu 21-Jul-11 21:37:59

Best not to use them as it messes up the fibres. I just whip mine out after the wash, then add fabric conditioner and put the rest of the load back on to rinse/spin.

nannyl Thu 21-Jul-11 22:22:11

you should not use softener on towels either shock

it reduced the absorbancy.

Yes its true, and i suggest hot washing them with towels without softener, much better for cloth towel (& environment)
You can use a glug of white vinegar instead of softener, which will soften them, not coat the fibers, is cheaper and kinder to the world smile

(if you really want softener try bold powder , where the softener is clay based (not petroleum based) and is safe for use on towels / cloth nappies etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now