Talk

Advanced search

Clothes moth infestation

(6 Posts)
spiderslegs Thu 21-Jul-11 18:34:06

Have just found out I've been infested by clothes moths, the bastards have chomped through Toast woollens, Brora cashmere, Missoni, Goat etc etc.

I've put everthing I can in the freezer - how long do I have to keep them in there?

Also, do they just eat woollens or will the go for wool jackets, silk or anything else?

I feel like crying.

Have had to medicate with early wine.

Help.

dreamingofsun Thu 21-Jul-11 19:40:47

oh you poor thing. i live in dread. i think its 2 weeks then you take them out for a week and then freeze again. but search here as there was a thread recently and i'm doing this from memory

spiderslegs Thu 21-Jul-11 19:40:52

Anyone?

spiderslegs Thu 21-Jul-11 19:43:11

Ahh - thanks dreaming - posted my anyone? before refreshing, right, will do that, am seriously considering chucking all the food away so I can cram everything in.

It's bloody heartbreaking - I well up every time I think about it, obviously not massive in the scheme of things but my beautiful clothes. <sobs>

spiderslegs Thu 21-Jul-11 19:44:58

And - can I have the damaged things repaired? My darning is not really up to this one.

dreamingofsun Fri 22-Jul-11 11:03:22

i would take them to a seamstress, or needlewoman and ask. think i will depend how bad the damage is and where, eg small hole at the back less of an issue than a large one near your bust. they will need to match the thread carefully

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now