Talk

Advanced search

Why have my DDs school blouses gone lilac?

(4 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Tue 19-Jul-11 23:06:47

I bought DD some Tesco short sleeved school blouses 2 weeks ago.She had some this school year and really liked them.
I wash whites by themselves and with 2 DCs, DHs white shirts,DS karate suit and white hand towels I do a couple of white washes a week.
I use Ariel bio or Daz. + Ariel stain remover.
Its just these blouses which have gone lilac (not a Daz 'blue-white) Not noticeable on their own, but if next to other whites you can see it.

Anyone else had this?

Furball Wed 20-Jul-11 07:04:19

Funny you should say this as a couple of years ago I bought a pack of 3 white polo shirts.

They like you say looked white, but when you put them next to something else white, they had a pinky tinge. This was straight out the pack before I'd washed them or anything. Are you sure you didn't just notice it when you first bought them?

I took them back as thought my Ds wouldn't appreciated turning up in a pink shirt grin

I suppose they could have reacted to the powder in some way? Do you use an in-wash stain remover normally, I have had trouble with those occasionally (but not lilac colouring, I have to say).

Sorry, mis-read - I see that you do use the in-wash stain remover - might be that then. If it is that, then it will never come out - but you could try bleaching the shirts, or using a whitener, or one of those "colour accident" removers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now