Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

We are out of almost everything. What should I buy for the larder?

(7 Posts)
yellowflowers Tue 19-Jul-11 19:13:20

Putting this on food and on good housekeeping threads.

We are out of nearly everything so I am going to do a big supermarket shop online later. What should I buy to keep in, from butter to freeze to bin bags, from many tins of chopped tomatoes to loo roll, from salt to herbs.

I need to be able to make cheap, nice quick and easy meals so things good for the stock cupboard and the freezer helpful.

Thank you! I am a bit flummoxed by what to get as we need so much.

TheSecondComing Tue 19-Jul-11 19:21:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gapants Tue 19-Jul-11 19:25:57

You need to meal plan then work backwards!

bubblesincoffee Tue 19-Jul-11 22:31:15

Baking soda and cream of tartar, and vanilla essence - the stuff of baking! Vinegar.
I can't think of much food to add to the fabulous list above!

Do you really have nothing, including the non food stuff?

yellowflowers Tue 19-Jul-11 22:55:26

Well not nothing - but we've been using up everything in our freezer which has also meant lots of stews etc which also use up the tinned stuff like tomatoes and butter beans. And household stuff all seems to have run out all out once. Funnily enough though I have plenty of baking powder and vanilla essence (though no butter or eggs).

That list is brilliant thank you. My brain not working at moment so that is wonderful.

We're two adults, one baby (purée and finger food), mostly cook from scratch though not things like bread, and no microwave.

TheSecondComing Wed 20-Jul-11 00:12:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

linspins Fri 22-Jul-11 14:43:25

Oh, TheSecondComing, I yearn to be as organised as you. Dinners at your house sound varied, and yummy. Setting goal of being that good in two years!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now