Talk

Advanced search

Where do you keep your fruit and veg?

(6 Posts)
Babybear1 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:03:22

I'm currently trying desparately to keep my kitchen worksurfaces as clear as possible, as they are just a dumping ground for everything. I always end up with the fruit bowl for bananas etc on it and a rack for my potatoes and onions. i keep grapes etc in the fridge, just wondering where do other folk stores their fruit and veg, would free up some more space if I could get rid of at least the veg rack from worktop.hmm

countydurhamlass Tue 19-Jul-11 18:52:02

i have a large metal cooking pot with a lid (the catering size ones) which i keep my veg in and it lives in one of my cupboards. my fruit all go in the fridge and sometimes my veg if there is no room in the "Pot"

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 19-Jul-11 19:01:10

Currently I have:

In the fridge: grapes, strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, courgettes, green beans, mushrooms, celery, peppers.

In the veg basket: potatoes (in a potato bag), onions, carrots, corn on the cob.

In/next to the fruit bowl: melon, pineapple, bananas, apples, oranges, nectarines, kiwi fruit.

We had a pantry as a child, it was much better as we had a big veg rack in there and everything kept cool. Warm kitchens are no good for keeping things fresh but I don't have enough room in my fridge for everything.

Babybear1 Wed 20-Jul-11 18:20:40

bump

bigTillyMint Wed 20-Jul-11 18:26:36

Fruit in the fruit bowl apart from straawberries and any cut fruit like melon / pineapple in the fridge.

Veg in the bottom of the fridge apart from potatoes, onions and butternut squash in a dark drawer!

linspins Fri 22-Jul-11 14:35:28

Mostly in the fridge (salad, carrots, fruit that spoils etc) or in a deep drawer (pots, onions, garlic in a pot of its own, spare apples and bananas that won't fit in fruit bowl) and only have one fruit bowl out. Wish I had a pantry (or a larder as we used to have as a child).
Totally with you on the clutter, everything gets dumped in kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now