Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning food storage boxes.

(6 Posts)
starrychime Mon 18-Jul-11 12:09:59

You know the ones with a little rubber strip right round the inside of the lid which fits inside a sort of ridge in the lid (? cliplock or something). Do you ever take these rubber bits out to get right inside the ridges on the lid - I feel this is something I should do but perhaps this is a bit too anal <fears of lurking bacteria emoticon> grin

SleepyFergus Mon 18-Jul-11 21:58:34

Ooh err, we have a lot of these and it had never crossed my mind until I read your post.....

<cowers under duvet to hide from bacteria>

starrychime Mon 18-Jul-11 22:28:03

Well, we have survived this far without me removing these for washing so it's probably not vital. It's just someone at work (hospital) mentioned one lunchtime "some of the gunk that you get under the seals in the lid". I was all attention as of course medics are experts on all things bacteria-related grin and started prising them out - it does feel quite satisfying to get into all the "bits" but it's a faff getting them back in and I haven't actually come across any bits of black fluffy mould or anything. Just wondered if anyone else actually does this.

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 20-Jul-11 06:36:43

I don't but might have to start having read that! Mine just go in the dishwasher but may start going in fully disassembled...

Fuzzled Wed 20-Jul-11 10:41:31

Just dishwasher 'em...

Oh, and bung them in a bit of Milton if something in them goes a bit bleurgh... yes, I'm looking at your chilli DH angry

chocolatesparkle Thu 21-Jul-11 14:43:02

Mine go the dishwasher and quite often it dissassembles itself with the seal part falling out in the dishwasher anyway, so on those occasions it gets a good clean! Then i just poke it back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now