Talk

Advanced search

Rotten Egg - Bleurgghhh - How Do I Get Rid Of The Smell????

(5 Posts)
rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 11:29:42

Great start to my day hmm

cracked an egg earlier to make DDs breakfast omelette & it was ROTTEN - not just slightly off, but the scariest rotten I've ever come acrossshock - not cracked either - thanks Iceland hmm

- cue my vomiting whilst flushing it down the looenvy & DD refusing to eat egg ever again - not that I can blame - doubt I will for a long while either - the smell is beyond horrendous - smells like someone has set off a dozen stink bombs in the kitchen angry

I've sprayed air freshener, opened windows - burnt candles & lavender in my burner

Just went out to eat breakfast - when I finally found the stomach to eat again - come back thinking I'd cleared most of it & the whole house still STINKS

Does anyone know of any old wives remedy, or magic cure to shift this quickly - I can see me moving out at this rate shock

TA smile

DrSeuss Mon 18-Jul-11 13:41:25

Strike a match

rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 13:42:06

PMSL - maybe thats the answer - blow the f'ing house up - lol

DrSeuss Mon 18-Jul-11 14:49:01

Not joking. Works on stinky loos just don't combine with recent use of aerosols.

rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 15:03:50

oops blush thanks

I have already tried burning candles, which I'm thinking might have the same sort of effect?? - it did help a bit, but not 100% & coming back in after going out the smell was overpowering envy

I'ts eased down now - though not sure if thats my just becoming accustomed to it - will find out when I get back from the school run - fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now