Talk

Advanced search

Right, I've got 2.5 hours without DD tomorrow so please help me come up with a housework plan!!

(6 Posts)
reddaisy Sun 17-Jul-11 23:08:55

The house is an utter tip and I have managed to arrange for DD to go to the childminder's for two and a half hours just so I can tackle it otherwise I think I am going to have to move out as it is getting to me.

Do I focus on one room at a time until it is spotless or scattergun and get the surface clutter cleared out the way etc so the whole house is more bearable but where no-where is yet finished??

Advice from wiser mnetters than me needed please! I need to make the most of this time.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 17-Jul-11 23:14:57

you need this crisis cleaning it really does work. As long as you take the breaks as listed (though I suppose if you've only 2.5 hours you could just plough through)

I used to catch up after getting in a terrible state and had visitors coming. Now it takes me half an hour to do downstairs every morning, and I'm crisis cleaning upstairs to get it to match!

reddaisy Sun 17-Jul-11 23:20:49

Crisis cleaning?! That sounds about right. I will look now Imnotaslimjim.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 18-Jul-11 10:43:32

Hope it works for you, its done wonders for me! I'm just working through my daily list. I've done my swish and swipe, and most of my laundry already. About to start on the laundry before I set my timer upstairs!

TimeWasting Mon 18-Jul-11 11:25:43

The crisis cleaning technique is top notch.

How you getting on?

reddaisy Mon 18-Jul-11 19:45:44

Ok, I admit it I had a look and then ended up doing it exactly how I normally do which is doing each room thoroughly which included cleaning out the fridge means the downstairs is now nearly done (which took considerably longer than the 2.5 hours I had allocated this morning I ended up using all of DDs naptime as well.)

Upstairs is still an utter bombsite, I might do the bathrooms tonight after DD is in bed. I think I might use the crisis cleaning to keep on top of it when it is a bit more presentable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now