Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get new toy loops for play gym?

(19 Posts)
HamsterMamster Sun 17-Jul-11 16:07:39

I have a Tinylove activity play gym which I got from an NCT sale a while ago. Baby is due soon so I have been getting it (amongst other things) cleaned up and ready for use. However, a few of the plastic hanging loops are missing (to hang the toys to the arches) where can I get new ones? I have tried googling but the Tinylove website only has a replacement parts sections for USA/Canada! Can anyone recommend something I can use or buy to hang the toys up with?

It is this exact one in the picture if anyone can help:
www.amazon.co.uk/Coast-Gymini-Lights-Music-Activity/dp/B000067K0L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310915175&sr=1-1

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 17-Jul-11 16:09:21

Try john Lewis

ChasingSquirrels Sun 17-Jul-11 16:10:10

try poundland and similar - I got a pack of 20 for £1. Otherwise Mothercare, which are something like £5 for 5! (Probably an over exaggeration)

Adair Sun 17-Jul-11 16:11:09

Shower curtain loops work too. Also available in poundland.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 17-Jul-11 16:12:18

ELC sell some plastic rings that link and can be used to hang things from.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 17-Jul-11 16:14:10

Ah, JL don't sell them anymore. these were the things I was talking about. No idea why there's a picture of a rabbit chewing them though! hmm

Nagini Sun 17-Jul-11 16:18:35

my sister googled 'tiny love rings' she doesn't like to talk about the results grin

Amazon?
Jareth, I used to give things like that to my rabbit to play with. They love to throw things and rattle stuff.

HamsterMamster Sun 17-Jul-11 16:39:49

Thanks for the quick replies! Will be off to investigate poundland tomorrow and Amazon if they don't have any!

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 17-Jul-11 16:41:01

I just thought it was amusing smile

btw, I love your nickname grin

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 17-Jul-11 16:41:55

argh, that was to Cakes, sorry blush

Fresh01 Sun 17-Jul-11 17:04:06

Fisher Price do packets called Linkadoos, around 10 or 12 in a packet. Can get them in big toys shops or on-line. Also great for attaching things to buggy and hanging things from handle above door in car above car seat.

wandawings Sun 17-Jul-11 23:19:22

You can get them in Toysrus too.

Thanks Jareth grin
Used to be whydobirdssuddenlyappear, but I've hated that username for ages. Thought it was finally time to do something about it.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 18-Jul-11 23:37:27

Is it because of all your base are belong to us? I hope it is so smile

Jareth, it is indeed. Showing my age there, but it reminds me of the heady days when I spent my time messing around on photoshop and sticking stuff on b3ta working hard and taking no notice of internet memes...
I am, in fact, also the proud owner of a Tshirt that has 'roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you' on it grin
By the way, did you know that, in 2001, someone hacked the Dutch railways site, to display the message 'All Your Trains Are Belong To Us'?
hehe

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 19-Jul-11 21:19:08

Hehe, brilliant. Esp like the poem smile

allthefires Tue 19-Jul-11 22:31:25

I got some from jojomamanbebe a while ago.

leeloo1 Wed 20-Jul-11 07:37:39

I bought some on ebay (look up 'baby links')... then saw the official tiny love ones in Babies R Us (with postage didn't work out any cheaper to have bought the 'cheaper' unofficial version). I also spent forever googling to try and find more rings.

I did find that you don't need that many hanging things - as it looked like a forest and baby wasn't as impressed as I thought he'd be. I did find the rings were useful to make a chain and link toys onto his buggy though so we didn't lose toys when out and about, so not a total waste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now