Talk

Advanced search

Air fresheners...

(4 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Fri 15-Jul-11 13:51:18

This is quite embarrassing really but sometimes when I walk into my house from outside, especially on a hot day, I find it a bit .... stinky blush There's nothing I can put my finger on particularly - just general cooking/nappy/bin/not very fresh smells.

I hate the smell of air fresheners generally and find them very cloying but can anyone recommend any that aren't too strong/sickly smelling and might help ?

mummyplonk Fri 15-Jul-11 13:54:02

Hi, there was a thread recently about this and a poster recommended Zoflora detergent, by wiping the surfaces and floor with it the whole house smells nice all day. I went to try it and there are lots of different scents, have just bought my third bottle so, yep that def worked for me as well.

notso Fri 15-Jul-11 14:02:41

We get this at home, I blame the musty old cellar.

I prefer to use scented candles rather than air freshener. At the moment I am using a yankee candle soft blanket one, it smells like fresh clean washing, also keeping the windows open as much as possible helps too.

TiaMariaandDietCoke Mon 18-Jul-11 15:03:06

what notso said - or reeds - I must admit a bit of an addiction to the Yankee ones - nice and subtle like the candles, not cloying like many air fresheners - and you don't have to light them or remember to blow them out later! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now