Talk

Advanced search

Potty cleaning?

(4 Posts)
Sookeh Thu 14-Jul-11 12:22:40

3 year old has recently started potty training (and doing a fab job!) and I was just wondering what other people's potty cleaning routine was.

Thanks in advance smile

flibberdyjibbert Thu 14-Jul-11 21:57:45

Most people I know seem to empty then swill it out with water - our downstairs loo doesn't have a sink so would mean sticking the potty under the tap in the kitchen which I can't quite bring myself to do so we use milton spray & wipe. Top tip from a friend (providing you have prior warning): piece of loo roll in the potty before they do a poo, makes it much easier to empty/clean...

Ineedmetime Thu 14-Jul-11 22:03:40

Hi, its been a while since my son was potty training( he is now 7yrs) but from what I could remember we would empty what he had done into the toilet then wipe out the potty with loo roll or baby wipes I think. I will have to start potty training my dd soon she is ( 2yrs 8months). I know my son was 3 before he learned what to do so I've left it longer before I started trying with my daughter.

idlevice Fri 15-Jul-11 13:07:33

Empty, spray with a spray made up of roughly a third white vinegar & water then rinse out. If feeling virtuous occasionally soak in a v mild bleach solution followed by extremely thorough rinsing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now