Talk

Advanced search

Fruit fly EXTERMINATE

(7 Posts)
TwoAndaHalfNeurons Tue 12-Jul-11 14:48:42

Hello, a while back I read a post by someone who referred to a mumsnetter who had shared the ultimate remedy against fruit flies.

Can someone tell me what it is, or point me in the general direction of that thread? My house is being invaded!

Thanks.

crystalglasses Tue 12-Jul-11 15:29:21

There must be some rotting veg somewhere in your house. Track it down and get rid of it and the fruitflies will disappear.

TwoAndaHalfNeurons Tue 12-Jul-11 15:46:59

It was the stuff to be taken to the compost bin; I've got rid of it, but now the flies are on my fruit bowl, full of lovely fresh fruit.

DonaAna Tue 12-Jul-11 19:02:45

Leave a bit of wine or beer or liqueur or any alcohol in a glass + add a few drops of dishwashing liquid (Fairy). Leave it where the flies swarm and watch how they commit mass suicide.

TwoAndaHalfNeurons Tue 12-Jul-11 19:07:20

Oh, DonaAna, I love you.

crystalglasses Tue 12-Jul-11 19:07:56

wahs the fruit and stick it in the fridge for a week until the flies have disappeared; wash the bowl as well and wipe down wherever you've seen the flies as they will have laid eggs.

fanofpeamum Tue 12-Jul-11 19:14:59

Yes yes, I love this remedy! It works fine with an apple juice/vinegar/washing-up liquid mixture too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now