Talk

Advanced search

Aah - can you help? Toddler drawn on walls with painted wooden food - what to do?

(7 Posts)
latherrinserepeat Mon 11-Jul-11 14:58:27

I know, I know this is an odd one but my toddler has decorated his bedroom walls with a wooden painted sausage (!) from the play kitchen using it like a crayon. I now have lovely brown marks all over the pale paintwork.

Have tried a pencil rubber but that did nothing. The paint is a dulux matt emulsion and no idea what to try next . . . . . I can't be the first mumsnetter to have had this can I?

All ideas gratefully received as I don't really fancy repainting smile

Thanks!

KnitterNotTwitter Mon 11-Jul-11 15:00:16

I had a similar issue with biro on wood and someone on here recommended this. It worked for me...

latherrinserepeat Mon 11-Jul-11 15:02:13

Ooh - a reply already! Thank you - I may order one as is cheaper than a pot of paint! Any other ideas please?

thejaffacakesareonme Mon 11-Jul-11 18:33:57

I've also used the magic eraser. It is great. Other people have suggested wd40 and hairspray for other marks.

DonaAna Mon 11-Jul-11 18:38:21

I think I tried a similar product. The good: it got rid of the stains. The bad: the paintwork had a subtle sheen and the product got rid of that too, the wall became a dull, slightly scratched matte (and I need to repaint eventually to match the walls). I also ruined my kitchen cabinets by accidentally rubbing them with this product - it somehow softened the finish and permanently damaged it. So don't use it on MDF and do a test on painted surfaces in some not very visible spot first.

Mandy2003 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:40:22

Never put soap or detergent on a magic eraser - they die horribly if you do!

latherrinserepeat Thu 14-Jul-11 19:49:59

Update;

Got a magic eraser from Lakeland and has worked a treat so thank you one and all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: