Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom smells of wee all the time

(5 Posts)
misspopsicle Mon 11-Jul-11 13:07:22

I have 3 boys and they're not fabulous at aiming when it comes to the loo! I've even told them to sit down and pee but they just don't do it. Anyway I can't get rid of the smell because when the housing assoc. put our lino down, it doesn't fit snuggly round the base of the loo and it wasn't sealed so has seeped down intot he floorboards. I didn't think to seal it grr. Does anyone have any idea how we can get rid of the smell? It dies down for a couple of hours after cleaning but then comes back again, it's driving me mad! Thanks in advance!

throckenholt Mon 11-Jul-11 13:09:52

My 3 boys are also not good at aiming - despite frequent nagging about it sad. Luckily we have tiles so not so much of a problem as you have.

Can you lift the lino, clean it with biological washing powder, leave it long enough to make sure the smell has gone, and then relay the lino and seal it ?

misspopsicle Mon 11-Jul-11 13:20:22

Ah good idea! I think we'll get new lino soon, pennies tight at the mo but will def give it a clean with washing powder, thanks!

HansieMom Mon 11-Jul-11 22:29:35

The vinyl flooring should have gone down before the toilet. Then you can seal up against the toilet with caulking. Someone did yours completely wrong if they just butted vinyl up against an in-place toilet.

I think you need to pull up toilet, remove vinyl, replace any stained boards or plywood if that is what it is, put down new vinyl, replace toilet and caulk.

Poodlehorse Wed 13-Jul-11 09:39:19

bio washing powder for all bodily liquids issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now