Talk

Advanced search

washing machiene problem

(7 Posts)
addictediam Mon 11-Jul-11 08:35:59

This is quite an embarissing problem so can't ask any one in rl so please ladies have the answer for me.

When I open the drawer to put the powder in the drawer is covered in black grime, this morning i realised it was mould blush I can't get the drawer out to clean it, and when I peer past the drawer the hole it all goes down is also full of mould. My washing is now starting to smell. What do I do? How do I get rid of it?

shelscrape Mon 11-Jul-11 08:42:33

don't worry, it's quite normal to get blank gunk in your washing machine drawer. Give it a good yank and it should come out. Mine needs to good wiggle for a bit, but will always come out in the end. Just put it in the sink and give it a good scrub whatever you use to clean the work surfaces in the kitchen. Pop it back in the machine, pour a bit of bleach into the drawer - not too much - and then put the machine on a boil wash. Should clear out any lingering gunk inside the machine. Have a good wipe round the rubber seals afterwards, will probably have lots of vile looking black stuff, but makes a huge difference to the smell and function of the machine.

YOu really need to do a boil wash every month to 6 weeks at least to keep the rubbish at bay and also regularly wipe around the rubber seals round the door

addictediam Mon 11-Jul-11 11:39:34

The drawer really won't come out, the front of the drawer just came of I was wiggling and pulling so much!

So another silly question. What's a boil wash? Is that like putting it on a 90 degree cotton wash or is there a seprate setting I can't see?

COCKadoodledooo Mon 11-Jul-11 11:44:34

My drawer has a wee bit right in the middle at the back that you have to push down on before it'll slide out.

And yup, boil wash is just the hottest program you have. I chuck white vinegar and a fwe drops of tea tree oil in the fabric conditioner bit of my machine, rather than the bleach suggested by pp, and that seems to work.

suzikettles Mon 11-Jul-11 11:52:02

The drawer really will come out but it may not be obvious how (mine came off in my hand when I had given up and was trying to clean it out with a toothbrush hmm).

Try googling the make/model of your machine and something like 'remove drawer'

throckenholt Mon 11-Jul-11 11:53:55

there is likely a bit to push to release the drawer.

addictediam Mon 11-Jul-11 12:17:32

Thank you ladies, there was a tiny but of plastic right at the back.

It was even more disgusting than I thought! So I scrubbed it out and its now soaking in bicarb and lemon juice because they clean right?

So I'm off to buy some bleach and white wine vinigar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now