Talk

Advanced search

Whiffy dishwasher

(8 Posts)
fridayschild Fri 08-Jul-11 20:51:14

I have a smelly dishwasher, and a book which suggests the solution is to put a cup of soda in but nothing else, and run a cycle through.

Do you think the book means bicarb of soda, or a fizzy drink?

And do you have any other ideas?

Oakmaiden Fri 08-Jul-11 20:52:21

bicarb of soda!

grin at the idea of pouring a bottle of lemonade in there! Although I normally use vinegar in my washing machine....

fridayschild Fri 08-Jul-11 20:56:15

It is fair to say no-one has ever confused me with a domestic goddess...

What do you do with the vinegar? It would be cheaper than bicarb, and the stuff Lakeland sell for dishwasher maintenance

Oakmaiden Fri 08-Jul-11 21:09:41

Well, this is my washing machine, not dishwasher - but I pour it into the detergent drawer and run it empty on a 90 deg wash. I use the clear vinegar...

fridayschild Fri 08-Jul-11 21:11:28

Clear Vinegar. Top tip. I think you have the measure of me.

JsOtherHalf Sat 09-Jul-11 14:25:59

I use the brown vinegar now, we ran out of white and I never noticed a difference. I also use it as for the dishwasher rinse aid.

Oakmaiden Sat 09-Jul-11 14:28:35

That is worth knowing, JS. I always use white (but then I also use the white on my chips too, so it is what we have in the house).

JsOtherHalf Sat 09-Jul-11 14:45:44

I decided that given that any vinegar is acidic, I couldn't see what significant difference there would be between white and brown? I keep the cheap brown stuff for dishwasher now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now