Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Kmix mixer or should I wait and get kitchenaid?

(9 Posts)
shopalot Fri 08-Jul-11 16:05:46

John Lewis have kmix at £240 so should I get that or wait and save the extra for the kitchenaid which are £400. I don' want to regret buying the cheaper one but then again it is not just a little bit cheaper.......TIA

PigletJohn Fri 08-Jul-11 19:00:07

what are you going to use it for?

shopalot Fri 08-Jul-11 21:16:26

Thanks piglet......I make cakes most weeks and meringues etc. I have a magimix which is used daily so the only attatchment I may consider in the future is grater but not worried about other attatchments as magimix covers most other bases. I would leave it on the top. I also make pancakes most weeks and bits like that.

shopalot Fri 08-Jul-11 21:17:22

Have a bread maker so not worried about that although would probably try most things in it to start with!

Vajazzler Sat 09-Jul-11 15:43:29

The Kmix is ugly. You must wait and get the KitchenAid. If you dont you will regret it. <rushes off to polish her KA>

I am angling for a KitchenAid at the moment.

If I buy one in the States, will it work here? Does anyone know? Obviously I'll need an adaptor thingy??

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 09-Jul-11 15:51:18

Kitchenaid, you will regret it if you don't.

I adore mine. Brings me pleasure every time I use it.

redglow Sat 09-Jul-11 21:20:23

You must get a kitchen aid they are so nice looking to leave on the side. I love mine. I also think I am a really sad person typing this, and realise my youth has gone.

shopalot Sat 09-Jul-11 22:37:28

I think you are all right. We went to USA at easter and I intended to buy ka out there but after lots of research I was advised strongly that the American versions won't work for long in Uk even with adaptor plug. Also the guarantee becomes invalid. Shame as they were so much cheaper, apparently our voltage is higher so the motor will burn out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now