Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Packing up House

(7 Posts)
cankles Wed 06-Jul-11 17:22:46

Hi, haven't posted in this section before but have lurked for tips!

Anyhow, I have to pack up the house by the middle of August (builders in and house will be uninhabitable unfortunately) I wondered did anyone have any tips? The best way to organise, store things - any help at all would be appreciated.

TIA x

nannyl Wed 06-Jul-11 19:25:14

label things that are in the boxes, and also take photos of the box before you put the lid on.

Label box lid, and also front and side of box so how ever it is stacked you can easily see a label, and stick a photo of what is in it on the lid.

also label boxes box 1, box 2, box 3 etc and you can save your photos on your computer so you instantly know which box u need to look in for something

cankles Fri 08-Jul-11 16:43:52

thank you nannyl! Will do x

tortilla Fri 08-Jul-11 16:52:58

Be as specific as possible with the labelling too - rather than just 'Kitchen' put things like 'Kitchen - pans' 'Kitchen - utensils' 'Kitchen - plates'. If the photos come off then you want to be able to still identify the box relatively easily, and if they're in a big stack you won't be able to see the photos easily to see which box you need.

Or if you are employing a removals company to clear all your stuff into storage, pay them to do the packing for you! It was brilliant to not have the stress of doing it when we moved.

cankles Sat 09-Jul-11 10:04:12

Thanks Totilla, had thought about removals company it would make things much easier but have a few weeks before we have to move out so thought I would try and be organised! Will see how I get on this weekend! x

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 09-Jul-11 10:06:27

I second getting the removal/storage people to do it. I had my flat packed up into storage as there was a delay between selling it and completing on our new house. They packed the entire place in about 5 hours. Just brilliant and well worth the money.

cankles Sat 09-Jul-11 11:19:03

Thanks Alsoavailablesober, I think I will look into it, I really don't want to end up running out of time and stuffing things into binbags which might not be opened for a few months! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now