Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lakeland heated airer worth it even if I have a tumble drier?

(4 Posts)

I already have a condensing tumble dryer but I feel that it must be haemorrhaging money every time that I use it (actually have no idea what it costs blush

I have been hankering over one of the Dry Soon heated airers from Lakeland for £79 for use in the autumn/winter for a year at least but can't figure out whether it will be worth it to buy vs just continuing to tumble dry.

DH hates how drying on an airer takes forever and I do try to limit the amount that I have the heating on as well so things dry even slower.

What do you reckon, is it worth spending £79 & drying costs vs tumble drying costs?

javo Wed 06-Jul-11 10:53:17

there was an old thread about this here - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/good_housekeeping/1053608-Electrical-clothes-dryers. I am also considering one for early autumn when the weather may be bad but its too warm to have the heating on as I find my washing can get smelly if it takes too long to dry and then needs rewashing.

I don't have a drier in my new house - the kitchen is new and all integrated so no room unless I take out a unit - I also only found it really good for towels and sheets as most of my teen girls clothes tended to shrink in the drier.

dexter73 Wed 06-Jul-11 14:56:40

I have one but I don't have a tumble drier. I think it is great. I have clothes on it at the moment but it isn't switched on, so it really does get used all year. In the winter it dries clothes quickly. It can fit loads on. When I'm not using it, it folds flat and I put it behind the door.

DaisySteiner Wed 06-Jul-11 16:22:55

What about a pulley airer? It is amazing how much difference it makes getting things just a few feet up - I put a load of towels on mine this morning and they aren't too far off being dry now. With one of those circular things with pegs for socks and pants, I can usually get 2 loads of washing on and there are no running costs at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now