Talk

Advanced search

Grotty iron

(4 Posts)
SleepyFergus Wed 06-Jul-11 07:53:56

My iron soleplate has dark brown burn marks and general grot. Some of it is down to those bloody awful plasticy care labels in DDs clothes which melt on contact. I should be savvy to them by now <sigh>

Anyhoo, is it curtains for my iron or is there a way to clean it that actually works? I think the soleplate might be ceramic?

nannyl Wed 06-Jul-11 08:54:35

this stuff is magic. it works and works easily with no elbow grease required. a tube lasts for ever and ever, you only need a tiny bit.

And its cheaper to buy it on ebay than lakeland, even when you add on P&P charges. (think i got mine for £3 or £4 inc P&P from an ebay seller)

I asked the same question on here a while back, and that really is the bee's knee's and i couldnt believe how fab it was!

SleepyFergus Wed 06-Jul-11 08:59:05

nannyl, thanks so much! Sounds exactly what I need! Just ordered on eBay for £4.40 v £5.99 on Lakeland. Can't wait to get it now and restore a bit of pride to my iron.

Thanks again smile

Fizzylemonade Wed 06-Jul-11 14:45:28

I know you have ordered it but for anyone else looking this is a fantastic product. I have it by the iron so the second it gets marks on it I can clean it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now