Talk

Advanced search

Grotty iron

(4 Posts)
SleepyFergus Wed 06-Jul-11 07:53:56

My iron soleplate has dark brown burn marks and general grot. Some of it is down to those bloody awful plasticy care labels in DDs clothes which melt on contact. I should be savvy to them by now <sigh>

Anyhoo, is it curtains for my iron or is there a way to clean it that actually works? I think the soleplate might be ceramic?

nannyl Wed 06-Jul-11 08:54:35

this stuff is magic. it works and works easily with no elbow grease required. a tube lasts for ever and ever, you only need a tiny bit.

And its cheaper to buy it on ebay than lakeland, even when you add on P&P charges. (think i got mine for £3 or £4 inc P&P from an ebay seller)

I asked the same question on here a while back, and that really is the bee's knee's and i couldnt believe how fab it was!

SleepyFergus Wed 06-Jul-11 08:59:05

nannyl, thanks so much! Sounds exactly what I need! Just ordered on eBay for £4.40 v £5.99 on Lakeland. Can't wait to get it now and restore a bit of pride to my iron.

Thanks again smile

Fizzylemonade Wed 06-Jul-11 14:45:28

I know you have ordered it but for anyone else looking this is a fantastic product. I have it by the iron so the second it gets marks on it I can clean it off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: