Talk

Advanced search

cath kidston ironing cover

(9 Posts)
soniaweir Tue 05-Jul-11 11:17:23

so i got my lovely cover in the sale and it arrived this morning but i'm being really stupid and have no idea how to fit it on the ironing board. i thought yhou would be able to fit it round but do you just rest it on top? please help!

ellangirl Tue 05-Jul-11 13:07:43

does it not have some kind of drawcord round the edge that you pull tight around the board?

soniaweir Tue 05-Jul-11 13:23:54

yes it does - so that's all i do?! god i'm thick!!!

ellangirl Tue 05-Jul-11 14:54:35

Hee hee!

soniaweir Wed 06-Jul-11 14:46:44

so i did that and it fitted round nicely but when i folded the ironing board up it fell off...have i done something wrong?! i have not ironed on it yet so will that make a difference when i do? also there is nowhere at the end of the ironing board where the draw string is to hook it under if you see what i mean? please help put this silly woman out of her misery!

ellangirl Wed 06-Jul-11 16:41:41

Hmm, perhaps the cover is too small? there used to be more than one size on CK website, we had the larger one, and there is quite a lot of overhang round the edges IYKWIM.

soniaweir Wed 06-Jul-11 17:09:32

there is loads of overhang but where you put the iron on the tray there is nowhere to wrap it round so it falls off - really annoying esp as my DH did not want me to get it and is now saying told you so. I need to get it to work!

ellangirl Wed 06-Jul-11 17:42:23

It just covers over that bit too-so it goes round the outside of the whole thing, like in the picture on the website.

RantyMcRantpants Thu 07-Jul-11 14:36:40

The Plate where the iron sits, try giving it a little tug, it should move away from the board and the edge of the cover goes there and then push the Plate back in again to trap the cover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now