Talk

Advanced search

MORE KITCHENS QUESTIONS

(3 Posts)
Putthatbookdown Sun 03-Jul-11 20:58:23

Is it much cheaper just to replace the doors/drawerfronts than have the cabinets pulled out etc. ? Can you put a new sink in without damaging the existing worktop(good laminate lasted years) ? Thanksxxx

coansha Mon 04-Jul-11 00:41:39

Yes much cheaper, you can even get doors/drawer fronts sprayed with same type of car paint (2 covers of vinyl) and change handles for new kitchen effect.
Not all doors are same size so odd sizes may cost more more so get quotes for all.
You should be able to change sink with any damage if careful, but unless your partner or self is handy at DIY would recommend plumber.
I will say a new worktop if selling/renting or wanting a kitchen make over is worth expense if you can afford it??

Putthatbookdown Tue 05-Jul-11 20:09:30

Thanks so much for your post You really have explained it all so well.My builder will organise the new sink and knock down a box thing so i can have a fridge/freezer ; the cost of a whole new kitchen is not woth it and i can spend on nice decorating

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now