Talk

Advanced search

WHITE clothes, optical brighteners and BODEN clothes

(12 Posts)
DoraJarr Sat 02-Jul-11 10:52:31

ok so
1. H washed fave uniqlo white t with jeans. its still white, just not bright - will white reviver ( or whatever) restore
2. BODEN white clothes - do you find they lost their brightness fast?
3. School POLO shirts - do you use white stuff on them

thanks

Laundry freak

TheMitfordsMaid Sat 02-Jul-11 10:57:51

I usually hang stuff in the sun. That usually does the job.

DoraJarr Sat 02-Jul-11 11:00:55

hmm
thats not what i want though - i want GADGETS and chemicals
i want it to be HARD

Mollymax Sat 02-Jul-11 12:34:36

I always wash whites seperate from other colours, with a scoop of soda crystals, hang in the sun to dry. Still bright white.

I have been complemented on my whites on many occasions. grin

noddyholder Sat 02-Jul-11 12:36:22

I am the queen of washing. Use ariel with a slug of thin 20p bleach and don't over fill the machine. Then hang in the sun. You have to forego your principles to get your whites white!

LordOfTheFlies Sat 02-Jul-11 13:07:49

Some brands of polo shirts (and I have tried many) do tend to yellow or grey more than others. Worst offenders DS school polo top but they have an embroidered badge so can't use bleach.
I've just used Dylon Ultra Whitener & Oxi Stain Removal Hygiene
Kills 99.9% of bacteria mmm nice.
Half price at Sainsbo.
Washing out on line in sun and it's lifted the attractive yellow armpit stain from my white vests. smile

DoraJarr Sat 02-Jul-11 13:26:11

i ALSO wash white serperately

DoraJarr Sat 02-Jul-11 13:26:49

god i am coming over all DIZZY on the washers on this thread

bleach
dylon
WOW

thanks all

strawberryjelly Sat 02-Jul-11 13:29:24

evidently, whites lose theri whiteness due to whatever makes them white being washed out!

To make them white you have to use aproduct which puts whiteness back in.

I fully sympathise. All my bedding and towels are white and after a while they start looking grey- despite washing on 95 now, line drying, and then with detergent for whites.

ChessPiece Sat 02-Jul-11 14:35:04

A scoop of Vanish Crystal White in a whites wash works well.

SoupDragon Sat 02-Jul-11 14:38:57

School polo shirts are a waste of effort TBH. They get covered in permanent marker pen and assorted paint anyway. Recycle into rags, buy new et voila! Bright whites.

bluetortoise Mon 04-Jul-11 17:12:07

now I have a question, which one would be better: Dylon Ultra Whitener & Oxi Stain Removal Hygiene OR Vanish Crystal White? oh, the dilemmas...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now