Talk

Advanced search

How in the name of Jesus Mary Joseph and all the saints am I going to clean this?

(5 Posts)
debka Thu 30-Jun-11 15:44:10

Made a gypsy tart and the fecking thing overflowed dramatically. For those who don't know, a gypsy tart is evaporated milk and brown sugar whisked together and cooked for less time than I cooked mine for. Anyway, fortunately the oven tray shelf thing was at the bottom of the oven and caught all the stickiness but it is now refusing to budge. It's currently soaking with fairy liquid- any ideas? Or shall I just break open the Oevn Pride? grin

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Thu 30-Jun-11 15:50:31

Make up a solution of boiling water and dishwater powder pour it on and leave it for a wee while?

Fairypowerspray or whatever it's called?

Ideally, you need to get the liquid to actually boil, so it depends how deep the tray is - maybe balance on the hob with the mix of water/dishwater powder and boil it up?

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 30-Jun-11 15:56:18

Mother, is that you? Sorry, was distracted by the thread title grin

As for your problem, I hear Ovenclean are good smile

kansasmum Fri 01-Jul-11 15:37:49

Try soaking it with a dishwasher tablet- I have rescued a few burnt pans this way!!

debka Fri 01-Jul-11 21:00:22

Do you know, it soaked off in the water and fairy liquid! Not as scary as it looked.

Thanks for the advice.

And Gwendoline- get to bed now young lady! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now