Talk

Advanced search

Help - My house is a tip!

(2 Posts)
LauLauLemon Thu 30-Jun-11 00:36:34

Well...not a complete tip. My kitchen could do with some serious organising, my bedroom and DD1's bedroom needs a bloody good organise, my dining room looks like a junk room and my bathroom needs a good clean.

I have fivromyalgia and find cleaning a big house with stairs to be a mean feat and with DD1 a three year old hurricane, I find it difficult to keep on top of things.

We don't have a lot of storage so if anyone could provide their lazy tips on keeping a house in ship shape, I'm all ears eyes.

ComeWhineWithMe Thu 30-Jun-11 12:47:28

Could you get storage I use underbed boxes and crocodile boxes for toys.

I do a lot of 15 minute blitzing, I have PND and somedays can't be bothered but I find if I start off doing 15 minutes it looks good and I want to do more.

Get DD1 to help,make it into a game put on a song and pick things up until the song is finished. Challenge her by saying "I bet I can pick up more toys than you" or my favourite give her a bag and tell her when it is full she can have a biscuit grin.

I clean the bathroom when the dc are in the bath, wipe the shower walls while I'm in the shower.

Babywipes are your friend they clean anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now