Talk

Advanced search

ikea 365 dinner service or something else?

(13 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Wed 29-Jun-11 16:14:38

i want/ need a new one.

the sainsburys one i have is crap - chips easily and lethal once been in microwave

any recommendations?
needs to be cheap ish smile

AnonymousBird Wed 29-Jun-11 19:28:24

I've just ordered this.....
http://www.johnlewis.com/231201382/Product.aspx

which i thought was good value and a good make but not actually seen it yet!

AnonymousBird Wed 29-Jun-11 19:28:34

I've just ordered this.....
www.johnlewis.com/231201382/Product.aspx

which i thought was good value and a good make but not actually seen it yet!

schroeder Wed 29-Jun-11 20:06:19

I used to have the sainsburys one too, chipped like mad and went all weird in the microwave-not good.

Now have ikea Rondo which I love and they seem to wearing well. Only problem is they don't sell them individually-so you have to get the set.

Still gorgeous, the way the side plate fits onto the dish is so cute. <goes off to get life> hmm

SirenSusan Wed 29-Jun-11 20:59:40

I have 365 mugs and they have lasted unscathed for quite a few years and I ain't the most gentle washer upper!

amazonianwoman Thu 30-Jun-11 12:07:08

My Ikea 365 dinner plates and side plates are over 10 years old and I've only just discovered the first hairline crack in one of the smaller plates. So bombproof and cheap!

northerngirl41 Thu 30-Jun-11 16:24:13

I am so utterly naff but my vote is for the IKEA 365 - reason being about 10 years ago I purposefully bought a really good traditional set of china thinking it would always be in stock at Frasers and I could add to it as needed when I broke stuff when we were hosting large charming dinner parties.

So I went back a couple of years ago when I got stuck hot-potato style with family Xmas dinner, and they'd only blooming stopped doing it!!! IKEA plates which we use everyday were still very much in stock and we added an extra 6 settings for about £15 or something... Utterly stupid not to, so that's what we have.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 01-Jul-11 20:04:30

I bought some Ikea plates a while back (Moppe I think) don't know if they still do them.They were about 19p each. Lasted okay but over time had a few casualties

I've got the M&S Adante white plates.(On 3 for 2).I don't like dinner sets so got 12 plates 12 pasta bowls (quite flat) and 6 side plates.
They are big and I have a wall mounted plate rack, they just fit.
And they get alot on grey marks from cutlery so I need to go over with Astonish every now and then. But easy to replace.

northerngirl41 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:34:48

Actually good point - if you go with something very plain and white, you can mix and match from different ranges...

mathanxiety Sun 03-Jul-11 07:08:37

A white dinnerware set would complement blue and white servingware pieces very nicely.

Whenisitmysleepytime Mon 04-Jul-11 09:35:09

anonymousbird - what was the john lewis one like?
i've got some john lewis vouchers but i could always spend them one me -kids me! smile

AnonymousBird Tue 05-Jul-11 16:56:30

When - it has arrived, and I took a very quick peek yesterday, but not unpacking properly until tomorrow... but at first glance it looks good. Dead plain, but "nice lines" IYSWIM. Bloody loads of it in a box and I've ordered 3 sets!

Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 05-Jul-11 19:58:39

ooooh i'm tempted now...

letme know if it goes mad in the microwave. the sainsburys one burnt me when i tried to lift a cup of warm milk out of the microwave!!! shock it had only been in for a minute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now