Talk

Advanced search

how do I make my shower doors shiny again?

(15 Posts)
mollysmum82 Wed 29-Jun-11 15:23:24

Or at least clean! They seem to be covered in a white mist (is it mildew?) and they are no longer see-through!

The method shower spray just isn't cutting it! (it smells delightful and I suppose its more of a preventative measure...?)

Please help a novice!

MayDayChild Wed 29-Jun-11 16:59:08

Lime light (green bottle) liquid limescale cleaner. Use gloves. Apply thickly with sponge. Leave 30 mins.
Rinse with a good rub. I like tesco bathroom sponges they have White scrubby side.
Repeat if necessary.
To keep it clean.... Get squeegee Lakeland do one good grips which has a sucker to secure it to wall.
After each shower squeegee the water off the door!
If you want it really shiny, dry taps with chamois. Polish with microfibre cloth.
We dry after every shower, takes 1 min but such pleasure!!!!!!

chinateacup Wed 29-Jun-11 21:44:40

MayDay Child we are of the same ilk!
I second everything she said smile

mollysmum82 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:02:48

Yipee that's given me loads to go on, thank you both!!!

catherinemedici Mon 04-Jul-11 13:05:35

White vinegar very cheap does this too, the smell does go away grin

HansieMom Thu 07-Jul-11 00:52:04

I read up on this the other day. One suggestion was scrub with shampoo and then rinse off. I did it before a shower, had water turned on to get things hot. I scrubbed with shampoo, then hosed off with the hose attachment. It looks so good! Clear glass, imagine! Just the day before I tried windex and a magic eraser which while clean was still murky looking. The hard soap in the soap shelf came off easily. Don't do the floor though. That would be best done when you are outside of shower. I had rejected shampoo, someone said to buy dollar store shampoo. You don't need much.

jasper Thu 07-Jul-11 00:59:10

jif (now cif)

valiumredhead Fri 08-Jul-11 15:41:20

Waitrose Essential Bath and Shower cleaner and a squedgee after every shower.

PigletJohn Fri 08-Jul-11 19:01:22

save up for a water softener.

You will be stunned at the difference it makes.

mollysmum82 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:51:21

My showers are SPARKLING!!!! Thank you thank you

valiumredhead Thu 21-Jul-11 14:56:52

What did you use?

Monty27 Thu 21-Jul-11 15:04:54

Slightly off thread... but why can't I find white vinegar at the minute?

RollingInTheAisles Thu 21-Jul-11 15:10:06

I found white vinegar in Waitrose. I've been using Method shower spray for every day and then Ecover Limescale remover for getting rid of any build up (which is not so bad when I use the Method but doesn't work 100%). I've been pleasantly surprised by the Ecover stuff, I wasn't expecting it to be that good but it's great.

mollysmum82 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:23:10

I used MayDayChild's idea! Wonderful! xx

mousymouse Tue 02-Aug-11 13:28:25

I have white vinegar in a spray bottle and use it about once a months on the shower doors and tiles.

in between I wipe the doors and tiles with an old towel so that the build up is not as bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now