Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning a rug and sofa - recommendations please

(2 Posts)
awaywiththepixies Wed 29-Jun-11 10:29:21

I have a rug (wool) which I love but which is dirty and smells of dog. I also have a fabric covered sofa (can't remove the covers) in desp. need of a clean. However there seems to be loads of different companies offering this service from the likes of Chemdry to those that promise everything will be dry in half an hour. I had the rug cleaned previously at the dry cleaners a while back and whilst it looked clean, when I sat on it I could still smell dog and we no longer have a dog, so it's obviously the original smell rather than it having been re-smellied. Anyone able to recommend something please?

Mandy2003 Wed 29-Jun-11 15:29:21

In an emergency (what sort of emergency requires this you may ask?) I had to buy a second hand beige settee off eBay. The guy who sold it brought it round and he and his wife agreed that if I made up a bowl of Aerial Bio and hot water, put in a sponge and wrung it out well, then the settee would clean up really well.

They were right, I blotted it with lots of towels afterwards and did it on a hot day so it dried quick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now