Advanced search

What are the plastic thingies called that you put under furniture to protect the carpet?

(7 Posts)
SayItLoud Tue 28-Jun-11 13:15:25

I want to buy some but don't know what they are called!

Need to raise my son's bed by a few mm so his storage boxes fit now we've had carpet fitted in his room, and these seem as good a way of doing it as any, but can't for the life of me think what to search for on t'web.


LoveInAColdClimate Tue 28-Jun-11 13:19:44

sort of thing, you mean? Caster cups.

SayItLoud Tue 28-Jun-11 13:32:42

Ah, you're a star! Those are the ones, thanks very much!

MinnieBar Tue 28-Jun-11 13:34:37

Dated? wink

NormanTheForeman Tue 28-Jun-11 13:36:04

Lakeland always used to sell them, don't know if they still do......

SayItLoud Tue 28-Jun-11 22:07:48

The only thing is, they seem to be round-shaped and I'm not sure the bed will sit on them as they are smaller than the legs. Ah well, was a good idea but I'll go to to plan A of putting a block of wood under each leg.

Thanks for your help though.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Tue 28-Jun-11 22:13:28

Caster cups - you can get different sizes if you go to a junky DIY old fashioned kind of shop. I had them on DD's old bed and I got them for peanuts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now