Talk

Advanced search

How do you organise your chest freezer?

(4 Posts)
Niecie Mon 27-Jun-11 14:15:27

Sorry, this could win the Dull Thread of the Day award but I would like some advice from the organised ones amongst you.

Whilst I was hanging upside down, trying to rediscover the bottom of the old freezer so that it can be taken away, it became apparent that there was rather a lot of stuff that had exceeded its best before date because I couldn't see it or easily get at it and I just didn't know it was there.

We have ordered a new freezer but I am looking for tips on getting the best use out of it so that I don't yet again have the ice berg effect - only the top 10% is ever seen and most of the iceberg/freezer remains under cover.blush

Any suggestions to avoid waste and inconvenience would be much appreciated.

KatyMac Mon 27-Jun-11 14:17:26

I put like types in blue Tesco bags & stack them

They are dated (large numbers on large labels) & I only have to search through the chicken bag for the earliest chicken (iyswim) rather than the whole freezer

Niecie Mon 27-Jun-11 15:04:51

Thanks KatyMac. Thats a great idea.

Do you mean the blue reusable bags, made from a sort of woven plastic? Presumably they don't get brittle and crack in the freezer? I was thinking of getting more baskets but they are expensive - the bags would be a much cheaper alternative.

KatyMac Mon 27-Jun-11 15:06:21

Well I have had to replace 1 in 3 years (& that was well worn anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now